[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] a3000 HD

am66@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (Alexander Maldutis) (04/10/91)

Hello there again.  I got my Ricoh drive up and running.  However, there is
one minor problem, so minor that it's almost embarassing to ask, but it is
driving me crazy.  Every 3 secs or so the drive lite blinks, which makes
the 3000 lite blink.  After a while this becomes like Chinese water torture.
I guess the easiest way to fix this would be to make the 3000 HD lite slaved
only to the internal HD, and not the controller.  How is this done.  Thanks.

		HA HA!  YOU THINK THIS IS THE REAL .SIGNATURE?
				IT IS!
Total Computing!**********************************am66@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu*

dtiberio@eeserv1.ic.sunysb.edu (David Tiberio) (04/10/91)

In article <1991Apr10.013125.14243@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu> am66@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (Alexander Maldutis) writes:
>Hello there again.  I got my Ricoh drive up and running.  However, there is
>one minor problem, so minor that it's almost embarassing to ask, but it is
>driving me crazy.  Every 3 secs or so the drive lite blinks, which makes
>the 3000 lite blink.  After a while this becomes like Chinese water torture.
>I guess the easiest way to fix this would be to make the 3000 HD lite slaved
>only to the internal HD, and not the controller.  How is this done.  Thanks.

  Another way to stop it from blinking is to use a small steel plate
and solder it over the LEDs. :)

--
    David Tiberio  SUNY Stony Brook 2-3481  AMIGA  DDD-MEN  Tomas Arce
           Any students from SUNY Oswego? Please let me know! :)

                   Un ragazzo di Casalbordino, Italia.

am66@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (Alexander Maldutis) (04/11/91)

In article <1991Apr10.162243.6477@sbcs.sunysb.edu> dtiberio@eeserv1.ic.sunysb.edu (David Tiberio) writes:
>In article <1991Apr10.013125.14243@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu> am66@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (Alexander Maldutis) writes:
>>Hello there again.  I got my Ricoh drive up and running.  However, there is
>>only to the internal HD, and not the controller.  How is this done.  Thanks.
>>

>  Another way to stop it from blinking is to use a small steel plate
>and solder it over the LEDs. :)
>

>--
>    David Tiberio  SUNY Stony Brook 2-3481  AMIGA  DDD-MEN  Tomas Arce
>           Any students from SUNY Oswego? Please let me know! :)
>
>                   Un ragazzo di Casalbordino, Italia.

Right now I have my Wings Reel 2 disk in front of the lights. :-))