[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] 2286 and accelerators

v089pfrb@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu (Jeffrey C Murphy) (04/09/91)

 Hi. Are there any IBM accelerator  cards that will work with the
a2286 board? I am interested in 386sx accelerators (the 386 needs
a 32 bit bus? so it wouldn't work right?). Does  anyone have
or know of an accelerator which works with this card?

jm
sunyab

tope@enea.se (Tommy Petersson) (04/10/91)

In article <69806@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU- v089pfrb@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu writes:
-
- Hi. Are there any IBM accelerator  cards that will work with the
-a2286 board? I am interested in 386sx accelerators (the 386 needs
-a 32 bit bus? so it wouldn't work right?). Does  anyone have
-or know of an accelerator which works with this card?
-
-jm
-sunyab

You can have a 386 accelerator, but only a few of them works due to
signal conflicts so you have to be sure before you buy.

A 386SX accelerator wouldn't accelerate a 286 BB very much.

hjanssen@cbnewse.att.com (hank janssen) (04/13/91)

From article <3158@enea.se>, by tope@enea.se (Tommy Petersson):
> In article <69806@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU- v089pfrb@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu writes:
> -
> - Hi. Are there any IBM accelerator  cards that will work with the
> -a2286 board? I am interested in 386sx accelerators (the 386 needs
> -a 32 bit bus? so it wouldn't work right?). Does  anyone have
> -or know of an accelerator which works with this card?
> -
> -jm
> -sunyab
>
> You can have a 386 accelerator, but only a few of them works due to
> signal conflicts so you have to be sure before you buy.
>
> A 386SX accelerator wouldn't accelerate a 286 BB very much.

If this is the case, which accelerators will owrk with the A2286.
And how much or less is the speed gain from such a board.???

Hank.
att!ihlpb!hjanssen