[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Boot Colors

bosman@fwi.uva.nl (Cor Bosman) (04/12/91)

Can someone tell me what the colors mean when you boot a 500.
I had the list a while ago but I lost it.
Thanx.

--
|bosman@fwi.uva.nl //     |  Dont't loose your head,to gain a minute,   |
|              \\ //AMIGA |  you need your head,your brains are in it.  |

s902113@minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au (Luke Mewburn) (04/13/91)

bosman@fwi.uva.nl (Cor Bosman) writes:

>Can someone tell me what the colors mean when you boot a 500.
>I had the list a while ago but I lost it.
>Thanx.

This is the list I got off the news a while ago.
I assume it is correct.

A M I G A ' S      I N I T I A L I Z A T I O N      C O L O R S

Dark gray     Ok Hardware
Light gray    Ok Software
Red           Bad ROM Checksum
Green         Bad RAM
Blue          Bad Custom Chips
Yellow        Exception

A500
   1) no mouse movements
      a) replace burnt EMI401 (1.0 ohm 1/4 watt resistor)
   2) flaky computer
      a) do the 2N3906 kludge
      b) check main computer shield shorting behind disk drive
      c) Check solder joints on power socket
      d) flaky internal disk drive power cord
      e) check for bent chip pins and for bent connector pins
      f) check keyboard assembly for flakes
   3) Power Supply (PN 312503-05)
      a) pin1 +5V 4.5A
      b) pin2 shield gnd      __  __
      c) pin3 +12V 1A        |3 \/4 |
      d) pin4 signal gnd     |  5   | Looking into the plug end
      e) pin5 -12V .1A       |2___1_|
   4) Green Screen; 10 short 1 long power LED blink
      a) clean and re-insert Agnus chip
   5) flaky keyboard assembly with spurious characters or crash with
      CAPLOCK LED blink
      a) replace keyboard and tell customer of possiblity of a serial
      device being connected to the parallel connector

>--
>|bosman@fwi.uva.nl //     |  Dont't loose your head,to gain a minute,   |
>|              \\ //AMIGA |  you need your head,your brains are in it.  |
>|               \//       |                                             |
>"We are going to have peace,even if we have to fight for it" -EISENHOWER-

| Luke Mewburn   (Zak)                |     This side for rent...      |
| s902113@minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au        |                                |

stevek@amiglynx.UUCP (Steve K) (04/15/91)

[Borrowed from comp.sys.amiga.introduction...]

  Colour     Diagnostic
dark gray    Hardware OK
light gray   Software OK
blue         Bad Custom Chips
green        Bad CHIP RAM
red          Checksumerror ROM (Bad ROM)
yellow       exception before a GURU-meditation could be given

-=*> Steve Krulewitz -------------------- UUNET!tronsbox!amiglynx!stevek <*=-