[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] 3000T

baxter_a@wehi.dn.mu.oz (04/12/91)

I have seen sporadic postings about an "Amiga 3000T".

Is it a tower 3000?
Could someone post me specs? A discription?

Regards Alan

ronkko@cc.helsinki.fi (04/14/91)

In article <1991Apr12.135607.24556@wehi.dn.mu.oz>, baxter_a@wehi.dn.mu.oz writes:
> I have seen sporadic postings about an "Amiga 3000T".
>
> Is it a tower 3000?
> Could someone post me specs? A discription?

I think it would be a good idea to some of our C= people to post a DETAILED
description of this machine to comp.sys.amiga.announce, so that each of us
don't need to ask separately about every wire in it. BTW, I hope that Commodore
starts to use that newsgroup also 'officially'. (So, Dave H. and all others:
please tell your superiors and marketing people that there is a very cheap
way to reach a lot of Amiga users all over the world and market new products
from your company!)

  Reijo Ronkko     University of Helsinki, Dept. of General Microbiology,
                   Mannerheimintie 172, 00300 Helsinki, FINLAND
                   Fax +358-0-4735426

                   Ronkko@cc.helsinki.fi

elg@elgamy.RAIDERNET.COM (Eric Lee Green) (04/15/91)

From article <1991Apr13.225922.5978@cc.helsinki.fi>, by ronkko@cc.helsinki.fi:
> I think it would be a good idea to some of our C= people to post a DETAILED
> description of this machine to comp.sys.amiga.announce, so that each of us
> don't need to ask separately about every wire in it. BTW, I hope that Commodore
> starts to use that newsgroup also 'officially'. (So, Dave H. and all others:
> please tell your superiors and marketing people that there is a very cheap
> way to reach a lot of Amiga users all over the world and market new products
> from your company!)

Note that the members of USENET frown upon using the network for commercial
advertising or any "official" purpose. The way that most member companies
see it, their netnews feed is solely for exchange of technical information
about the state of the art, a necessity for helping keep their engineers
up-to-date. They don't want to use their netnews feeds to do commercial
advertisements for competitors.

Not to mention that the NFSNET, a major carrier of USENET news, is
forbidden (by U.S. law) to serve commercial (sales) purposes.

In other words, Commodore might raise more ruckus than they cared to if
they wanted to make their presence on the USENET "official". Something
which might be hard to appreciate there in Finland, but here in the U.S.
politics can get sort of hairy :-}.

--
Eric Lee Green   (318) 984-1820  P.O. Box 92191  Lafayette, LA 70509
elg@elgamy.RAIDERNET.COM               uunet!mjbtn!raider!elgamy!elg

In article <00671692071@elgamy.RAIDERNET.COM> elg@elgamy.RAIDERNET.COM (Eric Lee Green) writes:
>In other words, Commodore might raise more ruckus than they cared to if
>they wanted to make their presence on the USENET "official". Something
>which might be hard to appreciate there in Finland, but here in the U.S.
>politics can get sort of hairy :-}.

	I think, though, that if someone specifically ASKS that
someone from machine cbmvax.commodore.com give a product
description, in this case the A3000T, I don't think it is
advertising but just answering a question.
	As to being official, I think that all the readers of
c.s.a.* want is that the person giving the description be a
Commodore employee, not necessarily a press release.

>--
>Eric Lee Green   (318) 984-1820  P.O. Box 92191  Lafayette, LA 70509
>elg@elgamy.RAIDERNET.COM               uunet!mjbtn!raider!elgamy!elg

	-- Ethan

Q: How many Comp Sci majors does it take to change a lightbulb
A: None. It's a hardware problem.

baxter_a@wehi.dn.mu.oz (04/18/91)

In article <1991Apr15.222008.10993@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu>, es1@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Ethan Solomita) writes:
> In article <00671692071@elgamy.RAIDERNET.COM> elg@elgamy.RAIDERNET.COM (Eric Lee Green) writes:
>>In other words, Commodore might raise more ruckus than they cared to if
>>they wanted to make their presence on the USENET "official". Something
>>which might be hard to appreciate there in Finland, but here in the U.S.
>>politics can get sort of hairy :-}.
>>
> 	I think, though, that if someone specifically ASKS that
> someone from machine cbmvax.commodore.com give a product
> description, in this case the A3000T, I don't think it is
> advertising but just answering a question.
> 	As to being official, I think that all the readers of
> c.s.a.* want is that the person giving the description be a
> Commodore employee, not necessarily a press release.

Hey! I started this! I don't care who the hell tells me what it is.
Obviously you guys know lots I don't. I have no idea what it looks like,
how many slots, if it fits the T. Nothing.

(Sure I can guess..)

Could someone (anyone) _please_ tell me what they _do_ know about the
machine.

Thanks.
Alan