[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] booting from A-500's harddisk ?

pilgrim@daimi.aau.dk (Jakob G}rdsted) (04/16/91)

Well. The question is:
I know A-2000's can boot off harddisks, but can Amiga 500's ?
I have heard, that one can fix it to be possible, but that was in
early 1987. Can A-500's boot off some harddisks, or will a patch
always be needed ? And is it a major fix, or a slight one(e.g. will
it cost the price of a 2000'er?  :-)
E-mail responses are probably best(?), then interested people can
email me, and if they look like a lot of people, I can post a
summary.

Thanks in advance!
--
From the notorious
                      Jakob Gaardsted, Computer Science Department

dtiberio@eeserv1.ic.sunysb.edu (David Tiberio) (04/18/91)

In article <1991Apr16.133231.18575@daimi.aau.dk> pilgrim@daimi.aau.dk (Jakob G}rdsted) writes:
>Well. The question is:
>I know A-2000's can boot off harddisks, but can Amiga 500's ?
>I have heard, that one can fix it to be possible, but that was in
>early 1987. Can A-500's boot off some harddisks, or will a patch
>always be needed ? And is it a major fix, or a slight one(e.g. will
>it cost the price of a 2000'er?  :-)
>E-mail responses are probably best(?), then interested people can
>email me, and if they look like a lot of people, I can post a
>summary.

  All you need is kickstart 1.3, and you can autoboot from a hard drive
with any Amiga.

>Thanks in advance!
>--
>From the notorious
>                      Jakob Gaardsted, Computer Science Department
>Bed og arbejd !            University of Aarhus,  Jylland (!)
>(Pray and work!)       AMIGA!               |     I'd rather play Moria.

--
    David Tiberio  SUNY Stony Brook 2-3481  AMIGA  DDD-MEN  Tomas Arce
           Any students from SUNY Oswego? Please let me know! :)

                   Un ragazzo di Casalbordino, Italia.