[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] IIgs monitor on A500

	Is it possible to use the Apple IIgs monitor with an
A500? Thanks,
	-- Ethan

Q: How many Comp Sci majors does it take to change a lightbulb
A: None. It's a hardware problem.

dlb28311@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (David Black) (04/19/91)

es1@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Ethan Solomita) writes:

>	Is it possible to use the Apple IIgs monitor with an
>A500? Thanks,
>	-- Ethan

Yep. I am using one now as I type this message. They are .39mm
dot pitch, with about a 12 inch viewing area. The image is not quite
as sharp as one of the "good" Amiga monitors (I forget who makes them)
but still very usable. I have found it necessary to "scrunch" the
raster with the vertical size control for interlace to work correctly.
A nice side effect of this is that I get a 672x478 (interlace) overscan.
The monitor's manual, together with your A500 owner's manual gives you
all the info you need to hook it up.

>Q: How many comp sci majors does it take to change a lightbulb?
>A: None. It's a hardware problem.

Hmmm. Weird. I am a Comp Sci/Engineering major myself, who _works_ in
hardware. I like 'em both!

David Black  University of Illinois Materials Research Laboratory          ///
             Internet: dave-b@uiuc.edu                                    ///
             Bitnet:   black@uiucmrl                                  \\\///
             Usenet:   uunet!uimrl7.mrl.uiuc.edu!black%uimrl.dnet      \XX/