[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] TTL video signals?

wally@polari.UUCP (walter santarelli) (04/19/91)

I'm trying to find some information about the AMIGA's video output capability. I was
wondering which output signals are TTL level and if it outputs a TTL compatible
video, intensity, hsync, and vsync. I've looked at the schematic and can find
various signals including hsync, vsync, isinc, di, dr, dg, db, r, g, b, and
composite video. I'm wondering if any of these are the TTL compatible signals
I'm looking for. I'd appreciate any help anyone can offer. Thanks.

-wally

In article <3813@polari.UUCP> wally@polari.UUCP (walter santarelli) writes:
>I'm trying to find some information about the AMIGA's video output capability. I was
>wondering which output signals are TTL level and if it outputs a TTL compatible
>video, intensity, hsync, and vsync. I've looked at the schematic and can find
>various signals including hsync, vsync, isinc, di, dr, dg, db, r, g, b, and
>composite video. I'm wondering if any of these are the TTL compatible signals
>I'm looking for. I'd appreciate any help anyone can offer. Thanks.

It's so simple: All signals beginning with a "d" (di, dr, dg, db) are
digital (now guess what the "d" stands for :-). The syncs are also
digital, though in case of some monitors you need a little external
circuitry to invert them (one TTL gate), but you should try it first
with the pure signals. Remember though that you only get 16 colors out
of your Amiga this way, never the 4096 ones!