[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] A500 Ram Expansion

rayhann@mullian.ee.mu.OZ.AU (rayhann chee) (04/18/91)

Has anyone heard about the CI-RAM memory expansion for the A500?
It's supposed to sit under the M68000 chip and is of the same size
as the 68000 chip. It seems that it uses special memory chips and
a VLSI ram controller.
I read about it from an add in AMIGAWORLD FEB '91 edition. Its manufactured
by Computrol Industries of astoria, New York.
Thing is has anyone reviewed, bought or used or heard about it?

dtiberio@eeserv1.ic.sunysb.edu (David Tiberio) (04/20/91)

In article <7389@munnari.oz.au> rayhann@mullian.ee.mu.OZ.AU (rayhann chee) writes:
>Has anyone heard about the CI-RAM memory expansion for the A500?
>It's supposed to sit under the M68000 chip and is of the same size
>as the 68000 chip. It seems that it uses special memory chips and
>a VLSI ram controller.
>I read about it from an add in AMIGAWORLD FEB '91 edition. Its manufactured
>by Computrol Industries of astoria, New York.
>Thing is has anyone reviewed, bought or used or heard about it?

  I heard about it. They must use 1x8 chips or something like that. It is
a neat design, and is portable through all 68000 amigas.

--
    David Tiberio  SUNY Stony Brook 2-3481  AMIGA  DDD-MEN  Tomas Arce
           Any students from SUNY Oswego? Please let me know! :)

                   Un ragazzo di Casalbordino, Italia.

maniac@hubert.cs.unlv.edu (Eric J. Schwertfeger) (04/23/91)

)
)   I heard about it. They must use 1x8 chips or something like that. It is
) a neat design, and is portable through all 68000 amigas.
)

	The question is, has anyone contacted the manufacturer?  I called them,
but their 800 line was out of order.

--
Eric J. Schwertfeger, maniac@jimi.cs.unlv.edu