[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] RAMSEY

kholland@hydra.unm.edu (Kiernan Holland) (04/23/91)

I was wondering what is the best setting for RAM refresh and such
settings using the program on AB20.larc.nasa.gov called
SET RAMSEY??????

Anybody fooled with it. Also does anybody know of a place where
I can get PageMode Zips (for amiga 3000), the type that goes
slower than the static column rams but at the same density.
I don't want to use the quarter density rams (1X4 drams?)

Later

In article <1991Apr23.010944.10776@ariel.unm.edu> kholland@hydra.unm.edu (Kiernan Holland) writes:
>I was wondering what is the best setting for RAM refresh and such
>settings using the program on AB20.larc.nasa.gov called
>SET RAMSEY??????

The best settings for RAMSEY are the ones the operating systems puts in place.
The SetRamsey program is very misleading, and will allow you to set RAMSEY up
wrong.  Don't use it.

>Anybody fooled with it. Also does anybody know of a place where
>I can get PageMode Zips (for amiga 3000), the type that goes
>slower than the static column rams but at the same density.
>I don't want to use the quarter density rams (1X4 drams?)

Why would you want the slower memory?  While the laws of supply and demand in
any local area may make it otherwise, there should be no difference in price
between page mode and static column DRAMs.  It doesn't cost the Japanses any
more to make them, and it doesn't cost Commodore any more to buy the ones they
use in production.  So, regardless of which kind you buy, make sure you're not
getting ripped off.

>Later

      "That's me in the corner, that's me in the spotlight" -R.E.M.