[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] CBM using c.s.a.announce

Harvey_Taylor@mindlink.bc.ca (Harvey Taylor) (04/15/91)

In <1991Apr13.225922.5978@cc.helsinki.fi>, ronkko@cc.helsinki.fi
                                                (Reijo Ronkko) writes:
 |I think it would be a good idea to some of our C= people to post a
 |DETAILED description of this machine to comp.sys.amiga.announce, so
 |that each of us don't need to ask separately about every wire in it.
 |BTW, I hope that Commodore starts to use that newsgroup also
 |'officially'. (So, Dave H. and all others: please tell your
 |superiors and marketing people that there is a very cheap way to
 |reach a lot of Amiga users all over the world and market new
 |products from your company!)

    I agree that this would be a good idea. But I don't think it is
 very likely to occur...
    We've got the CBM engineers on here, not the marketroids.
    This thread started with somebody (else) asking for info on the
 A3000T. A similar thing happened with the A3000UX. In that case
 there was an article posted to comp.newprod, but it never made it
 to this site. I realize there are restrictions on commercial
 postings on US gov't nets, however the non use of c.s.a.announce is
 most regrettable.
    The most likely solution to the impasse would be for some well
 connected sort to pick up CBM announcements from bix, CI$ etc & get
 them to the .announce moderator.
    Other angles?
    -het

 "This is not the world. This is a sophisticated AI simulation of a
  bunch of nerds running around and complaining at each other." -D.Zerkle

 Harvey Taylor      Meta Media Productions
 uunet!van-bc!rsoft!mindlink!Harvey_Taylor
            a186@mindlink.UUCP

zerkle@iris.ucdavis.edu (Dan Zerkle) (04/24/91)

In article <5501@mindlink.bc.ca> Harvey_Taylor@mindlink.bc.ca (Harvey Taylor) writes:
>    The most likely solution to the impasse would be for some well
> connected sort to pick up CBM announcements from bix, CI$ etc & get
> them to the .announce moderator.
>    Other angles?

Yes.

Someone tell me who is in charge of press releases at CBM.  I'll call
this person and get on the mailing list.  When I get a press release,
I can type it in and post it to comp.sys.amiga.announce.  Does anyone
know whom I should call and can someone tell me his/her telephone
number?

> "This is not the world. This is a sophisticated AI simulation of a
>  bunch of nerds running around and complaining at each other." -D.Zerkle

Hey, wow.  A quote in someone's .sig.  That makes three for me.  I
must be famous!

           Dan Zerkle  zerkle@iris.eecs.ucdavis.edu  (916) 754-0240
           Amiga...  Because life is too short for boring computers.