[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] How to get the internal clock STARTED again?

rtbakker@fwi.uva.nl (R.T. Bakker (I85)) (04/23/91)

Greetings,

as a result after a specific major fatal CRASH (one of many I regret to say)
the call 'setclock load' produced the following message:

	Battery backed up Clock not found

In other words, no running internal clock.
I have no clue how to get it started again, but it should be possible
to get it going with a poke command in AmigaBasic.
Only the 'big' mystery is (for my anyway) what are the specifics.
Could somebody help me out?

Any help is appreciated.
Rob.

johnhlee@CS.Cornell.EDU (John H. Lee) (04/25/91)

In article <1991Apr23.080445.29874@fwi.uva.nl> rtbakker@fwi.uva.nl (R.T. Bakker (I85)) writes:
>as a result after a specific major fatal CRASH (one of many I regret to say)
>the call 'setclock load' produced the following message:
>
>	Battery backed up Clock not found
>
>In other words, no running internal clock.
>I have no clue how to get it started again, but it should be possible
>to get it going with a poke command in AmigaBasic.
>Only the 'big' mystery is (for my anyway) what are the specifics.
>Could somebody help me out?

Use either the WB 1.2 or WB 1.3.2 SetClock command (the original 1.3 SetClock
won't work) and issue the following command from the CLI:

	1> setclock RESET

That should kick your clock back on-line.

The DiskDoctor threatens the crew!  Next time on AmigaDos: The Next Generation.
	John Lee		Internet: johnhlee@cs.cornell.edu
The above opinions of those of the user, and not of this machine.