[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] ColorBurst + A3000 + 1950 ???

d9hh@dtek.chalmers.se (Henrik Harmsen) (04/25/91)

Ok, how will a ColorBurst work with an A3000 and a 1950 multisync?

Will the colorburst only plug into the standard RGB port?
If it does, will 1950 be able to cope with ColorBurst's signal?
It's a standard RGB, Right?
Will I have to get used to flickering diplays again ? :(  Or will
there be a way to use the built in display enhancer?
Is there some kind of smart way of using both the VGA-type port and
Colorburst signal (hooked up on the standard RGB port) through some
kind of video switch?

Looking forward in anticipation of getting rid of HAM ---

--- Henrik

Internet: d9hh@dtek.chalmers.se

achim@video1.in-berlin.de (Joachim Gothe) (04/26/91)

In article <1991Apr24.232623.16963@mathrt0.math.chalmers.se>, Henrik Harmsen writes:
>Ok, how will a ColorBurst work with an A3000 and a 1950 multisync?
>
>Will the colorburst only plug into the standard RGB port?
YES, on 23-Pin (Flicker)
>If it does, will 1950 be able to cope with ColorBurst's signal?
YES, the 1950 is a multisync.
>It's a standard RGB, Right?
YES, it is a standard Amiga 23-Pin output
>Will I have to get used to flickering diplays again ? :(  Or will
>there be a way to use the built in display enhancer?
No, not at 24-bit pictures.
>Is there some kind of smart way of using both the VGA-type port and
>Colorburst signal (hooked up on the standard RGB port) through some
>kind of video switch?
I don`t know.

I take a look at the COLORBURST today at the Amiga-Show in Berlin,Germany.
It was connected at the 23-Pin RGB-output at an A3000.
At the 15-pin VGA was a 1950. At the COLORBURST was a big TV-Screen.
You CAN, but you MUST NOT connect a second Monitor (1084 or TV with RGB)
at the back of the COLORBURST. Then you see the Normal Amiga Screen
(deinterlaced) on the 1950 and the COLORBURST 24-bit screen on the 1084.
I you have only one monitor, it has to be connected at the back of the
COLORBURST. (with flicker)
COLORBURST comes with a paint-programm and a pic-converter.
I remember TARGA, MAC-TIFF, IFF-24, TURBO/IMAGINE, SCULPT-rawRGB,....?

My own feeling is:
It is a cheap hardware-utilitie to display the fine images, we can produce
with all the raytrace/render-programms.
I hope, that many people will buy this tool, so that there will be more
software and it will become a "standard".

I must wait a little, because i just buy a faster V.32bis modem.

so long,
Achim
    Joachim Gothe          ///   Home: achim@video1.in-berlin.de
   Luederritzstr. 4   __  ///    Work: achim@artcom.de