[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] A1000 piggyback memory hack...

wright@etsuv2.etsu.edu (BRIAN WRIGHT) (04/23/91)

Hello,

     I know this is sort of an OLD subject, but I know someone who would
really like to have this hack on a file.  He would like to add another 512k
to his A1000 to increase it to 1 meg.  If anyone has this hack or knows of any
FTP site with it available, please send (email) it or direct me to that site.
If you are using internet, please email to wright%etsuvax2@ricevm1.rice.edu.
If on Bitnet, please see below.  Thanks in advance.

Brian Wright
wright%etsuvax2@ricevm1.rice.edu   or   wright@etsuvax2.bitnet

doctorj@en.ecn.purdue.edu (Jeffrey W Davis) (04/23/91)

In article <1991Apr22.194106.46287@vaxb.acs.unt.edu> wright%etsuvax2@ricevm1.rice.edu writes:
>     I know this is sort of an OLD subject, but I know someone who would
>really like to have this hack on a file.  He would like to add another 512k
>to his A1000 to increase it to 1 meg.  If anyone has this hack or knows of any
>FTP site with it available, please send (email) it or direct me to that site.

The hack you are referring to was published quite a while ago in an early
issue of Amazing Computing.  The issue is Volume 2, Number 1.

I do not believe that the hack is available online in a file because the
pictures are quite helpful.  There are eight photos and 3 schematics
in the article along with the 9 pages of text.  If someone has transcribed
this, I am sure the rest of the world would be interested!

* Jeff Davis                * Relax! And get into    ///  *
* doctorj@en.ecn.purdue.edu * the STRESS!!!         ///   *
*                           *                   \\\///030 *
*                           * -Gigahertz!-  Amiga\XX/ 882 *
       "Hey, this shit is TRUE I'm makin' up!"

terry@helios.ucsc.edu (Terry Ricketts) (04/23/91)

In article <1991Apr23.055046.26789@en.ecn.purdue.edu> doctorj@en.ecn.purdue.edu (Jeffrey W Davis) writes:
>In article <1991Apr22.194106.46287@vaxb.acs.unt.edu> wright%etsuvax2@ricevm1.rice.edu writes:
>>     I know this is sort of an OLD subject, but I know someone who would
>>really like to have this hack on a file.  He would like to add another 512k
>>to his A1000 to increase it to 1 meg.  If anyone has this hack or knows of any
>>FTP site with it available, please send (email) it or direct me to that site.

>The hack you are referring to was published quite a while ago in an early
>issue of Amazing Computing.  The issue is Volume 2, Number 1.

>I do not believe that the hack is available online in a file because the
>pictures are quite helpful.  There are eight photos and 3 schematics
>in the article along with the 9 pages of text.  If someone has transcribed
>this, I am sure the rest of the world would be interested!

   The text of the article appeared on People Link at least 3 months before
it came out in Amazing Computing. I did the hack before the article appeared.
I have the text on line here & have mailed a copy to the original requester.
It is very old and has been around on a number of BBSs. If people are still
interested I could send it on to ab20.

| Terry Ricketts			|  Internet: terry@helios.ucsc.edu
| Senior Electronics Engineer		|  	     loel@helios.ucsc.edu
| Lick Observatory Electronics Lab	|  Phone:    408-459-2110
| University of Calif, Santa Cruz 	|

davem@hp-lsd.COS.HP.COM (Dave K. Martin) (04/25/91)

I have copies of the original article that I can snail mail if you would like.
Send me an email with an address.

The 1-meg hack has worked in my 1000 for over a year with no problems whatsoever

monty@sagpd1 (04/25/91)

In article <14897@darkstar.ucsc.edu> terry@helios.ucsc.edu (Terry Ricketts) writes:
>   The text of the article appeared on People Link at least 3 months before
>it came out in Amazing Computing. I did the hack before the article appeared.
>I have the text on line here & have mailed a copy to the original requester.
>It is very old and has been around on a number of BBSs. If people are still
>interested I could send it on to ab20.

    I have been sending out hard copies of this upon request for quite a while
    now and I would really like a "electronic" copy to put together a package
    to allow e-mail of it. There are many of us that do not have ftp access
    so posting it to ab20 is only a partial solution. Do you also have Dave
    Haynie's mod to make it auto-config? If so please e-mail me that also
    and I'll maintain them both for future requests. Dave-- if you are reading
    this please look in your old stuff and see if you still have a copy online.

    Monty Saine
    monty@sagpd1.UUCP

terry@helios.ucsc.edu (Terry Ricketts) (04/27/91)

In article <1991Apr25.161810.29829@sagpd1> monty@sagpd1.UUCP (Monty Saine) writes:

>    I have been sending out hard copies of this upon request for quite a while
>    now and I would really like a "electronic" copy to put together a package
>    to allow e-mail of it. There are many of us that do not have ftp access
>    so posting it to ab20 is only a partial solution. Do you also have Dave
>    Haynie's mod to make it auto-config? If so please e-mail me that also
>    and I'll maintain them both for future requests. Dave-- if you are reading
>    this please look in your old stuff and see if you still have a copy online.

   Monty: I have tried several times to mail you a copy. The mail keeps bouncing with the message 'host unknown'. Do you have another address I can try.
   Sorry to everyone else who has to read this. I couldn't contact hime any
other way.