[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Ethernet Card for A1000

ltaylor@HQ.Ileaf.COM (Laura Taylor) (04/25/91)

Are any ethernet cards available for the A1000,
or is my A1000 destined to be a standalone
forever?

Thanks,

/laura

valentin@public.BTR.COM (Valentin Pepelea) (04/27/91)

In article <1991Apr25.153312.734@HQ.Ileaf.COM> ltaylor@HQ.Ileaf.COM (Laura
Taylor) writes:

>Are any ethernet cards available for the A1000,
>or is my A1000 destined to be a standalone forever?

Your A1000 shall not be a standalone forever. You shall be able to connect
it to other Amigas through the parallel port with ParNet. This utitity
shall allow you to access any device or volume mounted on another Amiga,
through the parallel port. That other Amiga shall even be allowed to be
connected through an ethernet board to other computers, and your valiant
A1000 shall thus be empowered to access them also.

Thus has it been written.

You owe the oracle a 25-DB male-female cable.

Valentin
--
"An operating system without virtual memory      Name:      Valentin Pepelea
 is an operating system without virtue."         Phone:     (408) 985-1700