[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Irving and mehdi

In article <1991Apr4.223101.7618@uncecs.edu> urjlew@uncecs.edu (Rostyk Lewyckyj) writes:
> It is my understanding that both Messrs Irving and Mehdi are
>getting on in years. Perhaps it is their concious decision not
>to worry very much about futures, and just enjoy their incomes.

	Irving, sure.  I don't think mehdi is all that old (50?).

>Plowing receipts back into research means less money for dividends,

	What are dividends?  1/2 :-)  Commodore doesn't pay dividends.
Some agreement with the banks that financed Commodore when it was losing
money hand over fist (and when Mehdi was working for said bank).

>Less money for a nice salary now . Why worry about the fate of the
>company in 5 - 10 years from now.

	No one has ever accused Mehdi or Irving of being stingy with their
own salaries.

{uunet|rutgers}!cbmvax!jesup, jesup@cbmvax.commodore.com  BIX: rjesup
Disclaimer: Nothing I say is anything other than my personal opinion.
Thus spake the Master Ninjei: "To program a million-line operating system
is easy, to change a man's temperament is more difficult."
(From "The Zen of Programming")  ;-)