[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] NEC 2A & 3A Monitors-Will the work with A500 ?

PVossler@exua.exeter.ac.uk (Phil Vossler) (04/26/91)

Guess the subject line says it all, I want to upgrade from a cheap composite
green monitor to a multisync. Most Amiga distributors try and sell the
standard Phillips or Commodore monitors for between 250 and 300 pounds, I
can purchase  an  NEC2A for 239 pounds or 3A for 339 pounds.

Thanx
Phil Vossler, Dept of Physics       | Janet: p.j.vossler@uk.ac.exeter
University of Exeter, Exeter        | Internet: p.j.vossler@exeter.ac.uk
Devon. tel. 44-392-264100           |
===========   Beware of the Emotional Hooligan coming soon...==================

maxc1503@ucselx.sdsu.edu (David Tse) (04/28/91)

PVossler@exua.exeter.ac.uk (Phil Vossler) writes:
>Guess the subject line says it all, I want to upgrade from a cheap composite
>green monitor to a multisync. Most Amiga distributors try and sell the
>standard Phillips or Commodore monitors for between 250 and 300 pounds, I
>can purchase  an  NEC2A for 239 pounds or 3A for 339 pounds.

Only the 3A can work with a plain A500, in 15KHz hor. sync., the 2A doesn't
go that far down. But if you buy the ICDflickerfreevideo board for A500,
which is expensive, both monitors will work in 31kHz, just like VGA.

>Thanx
>--
>Phil Vossler, Dept of Physics       | Janet: p.j.vossler@uk.ac.exeter
>University of Exeter, Exeter        | Internet: p.j.vossler@exeter.ac.uk