[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] MIDI Survey question...

kamran@dialogic.com (Kamran Vaziri) (04/23/91)

I have a question for everyone interested in MIDI in the net world.

Is there a strong interest out there for a good MIDI interface (i.e. 1 in,
1 thru, >1 outs) at a reasonable cost (<$30), maybe even a kit for less?

I would really appreciate a reply.  Even a short yes or no would be great.

Thanx,

Kamran  -  kamran@dialogic.com
  //
\X/

D-L-K@cup.portal.com (Patrick Andreas Maher) (04/29/91)

That sounds pretty good to me.  Around 30 for a MIDI interface that
will allow you just to hook up a keyboard and do some things with
it would be a good idea.  There are a few users in my area that would
probably go for that instread of spending a lot of money to buy one
of the new expensive ones that does everythings.  They just want to be
able to hook up there keyboard and mess around with it.

whinery@hale.ifa.hawaii.edu (Alan Whinery) (04/30/91)

In article <1991Apr23.153930.7013@dialogic.com> kamran@dialogic.com (Kamran Vaziri) writes:

>Is there a strong interest out there for a good MIDI interface (i.e. 1 in,
>1 thru, >1 outs) at a reasonable cost (<$30), maybe even a kit for less?
>Kamran  -  kamran@dialogic.com

There are already several working projects available. Check ab20.
I have an interface which I built for about $10 a couple of years
ago.

Alan
whinery@hale.ifa.hawaii.edu

|  D. Alan Whinery| The Institute for Astronomy, University of Hawaii   |
| Technical Genius| Internet: whinery@hale.ifa.hawaii.edu               |