[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Gvp Boot: an other question

mmaston@leland.Stanford.EDU (Michael Maston) (04/30/91)

In article <9104291614.AA17302@alessia.dei.unipd.it> gigio@ALESSIA.DEI.UNIPD.IT (GianLuigi Nusca) writes:

>	Someone knows of problems like this with oldest B2000
>revisions? (I've got a B2000 revision 4.4 and i would buy a gvp2
>controller ...)

Hi, I can attest to the proper operation of the GVP II SCSI+RAM board.  I
have had it running in my 2000 Rev. 4.3 machine with a Seagate 277N and Connor
CP-340 for months.  This weekend I swapped a Quantum 105 for the Connor.
FaaastPrep has worked easily, flawlessly and solidly every time I have used it.
So far it has not Guru'ed or messed up one single bit on a drive.  In fact,
I just hooked up the power and SCSI cable to the Quantum and set it up
without removing the Seagate temporarily (just to be extra careful)...of
course the power was off during this part...

Anyway, I can't recommend the GVP II enough!

Michael Maston
GTE Government Systems
Mt. View, CA  94039

davem@hp-lsd.COS.HP.COM (Dave K. Martin) (04/30/91)

Does your friend have a GVP Series II HC+8 card, the one with memory on the
disk controller?  If so, there is a jumper on the GVP that needs to be set
to prevent gurus when the memory is added.  Jumper J-15 is left open for the
newer A-2000 motherboards but must be shorted for the earlier versions (4.x).

hope this helps.