[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Northgate Ultra Keyboard

vesty@inmet.inmet.com (05/02/91)

Does anyone use a Northgate Ultra keyboard with their Amiga?  I just
purchased one and noticed that some of the keys in the middle keypad
(cursor keypad) don't have any function.  These keys are the page up,
page down, home, and end keys (The equivalent keys function on the
number keypad however).

Is the keyboard messed up?  Did Northgate fail to properly map these
keys?  Or is it that the keymap needs to be altered to recognize these
extra keys? (I'm using USA1).

BTW, I'm using the A2000 keyboard adaptor for a A1000 that was
described in Amazing computing.   It's simple and quick to make, and
certainly beats paying ~$20 for the equivalent pre-made adaptor.

-- Matt

ben@epmooch.UUCP (Rev. Ben A. Mesander) (05/02/91)

>In article <112800003@inmet> vesty@inmet.inmet.com writes:
>
>Does anyone use a Northgate Ultra keyboard with their Amiga?  I just
>purchased one and noticed that some of the keys in the middle keypad
>(cursor keypad) don't have any function.  These keys are the page up,
>page down, home, and end keys (The equivalent keys function on the
>number keypad however).

I'm running a Northgate OmniKey on my Amiga 1000. Yes, those keys have
no function in the Amiga usa1 keymap. I've heard there was a keymap
that let you use them, but it was on Genie or something, and I don't
have an account there (or wherever it was). Does someone know where it
is available for ftp?

--
| ben@epmooch.UUCP   (Ben Mesander)       | "Cash is more important than |
| ben%servalan.UUCP@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu |  your mother." - Al Shugart, |