[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] CD-ROM Amiga COMPUTERS?

	I've never quite thought of it in these terms, but what
about having Amiga models like the A2000HD-CD, A2500-CD and
A3000-CD? I'm not talking about simple addons, I'm talking about
standard Amiga models.
	Commodore would really be one of the first to do that in
as standard a machine as the Amiga. Although giving full CDTV
compatibility would be nice, it almost isn't necessary. The Amiga
would be an excellent platform for all those CDs that seem to be
cropping up everywhere in the MS-DOS and slowly the Mac realms.
	What this gives that CDTV doesn't is a full-blown
computer system with a CD addon. With all the Amiga gives it
would make an even bigger market for current CDTV applications
and give increased potential for a CD Amiga market, such as
putting the program on the hard drive.
	-- Ethan

"Brain! Brain! What is Brain?"

kdarling@hobbes.catt.ncsu.edu (Kevin Darling) (05/03/91)

es1@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Ethan Solomita) writes:
>	I've never quite thought of it in these terms, but what
>about having Amiga models like the A2000HD-CD, A2500-CD and
>A3000-CD? I'm not talking about simple addons, I'm talking about
>standard Amiga models.

<grin>  I suggested that a month or so ago, and got ignored.
-MB- suggested it about the same time, and got flamed.

I wish you better luck :-) :-)  cheers - kev <kdarling@catt.ncsu.edu>