[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] A1000 Keyboard Extension Cable

drues@iastate.edu (Michael E Drues) (04/30/91)

How can I build an extension cable for my A1000 keyboard?
I seem to rember that a regular phone cord will not work.  Could I
just flip the wires around based on the original cable?

Please respond via email and I'll post summary.
Thanks in advance,
mike

--
Michael Drues                              Dept. of Biomedical Engineering
Internet:drues@iastate.edu                        1146 Veterinary Medicine

rich@documail.UUCP (Rich McCallister) (05/07/91)

In article <drues.672984304@pv320a.vincent.iastate.edu> drues@iastate.edu writes:
>How can I build an extension cable for my A1000 keyboard?
>I seem to rember that a regular phone cord will not work.  Could I
>just flip the wires around based on the original cable?

    I've been using a phone cord in my 1000 for 5 years. It's the 4 wire type
used for North American handsets. I got mine at a Radio Shack. Even some
drug stores now carry them! No wire reversal was needed.