[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Question for GVP HC/+8 users......

paws@cray.com (Daniel Baehr) (05/06/91)

  A question for all of you GVP HC/+8 users out there that have
 gotten a drive other than a Quantum to work with it. What are the
 SCSI address of your controller card and the HD? There ARE SCSI
 ID jumpers on the card and mine have no jumpers on them. The Engingeer
 from GVP said that it wasn't used/not supported at this time but I've
 heard that one too many times to believe it ( and found the opposite was
 true). I was tring to connect a CDC/Seagate ST1239N drive to it and
 it keeps giving me a "Sense Key 4, error code 45" error. Sense Key 4
 says the drive detected a controller failure or hardware error of some kind
 and Error Code 45 is selection/reselection error. NO, IT"S NOT THE DRIVE!
 the TrumpCard Professional works like a dream!! I have more gorry details
 about this problem and the C*** I went thru with GVP on this problem. If
 you are interested I'll post'em. Oh, don't forget my original question
 about the SCSI ID jumpers. Thanks.......

  Daniel Baehr   paws@sequoia.cray.com

rbabel@babylon.rmt.sub.org (Ralph Babel) (05/07/91)

In article <074938.3917@timbuk.cray.com>, paws@cray.com
(Daniel Baehr) writes:

> There ARE SCSI ID jumpers on the card and mine have no
> jumpers on them.

That's okay, leave it that way!

> The Engingeer from GVP said that it wasn't used/not
> supported at this time

Yup, he's right.

Ralph

rbabel@babylon.rmt.sub.org (Ralph Babel) (05/07/91)

In article <1991May7.130536.639@csc.canterbury.ac.nz>,
chem194@csc.canterbury.ac.nz (John Davis) writes:

> We've had a Quantum 102 and a Seagate 157n working
> together of a HC+8 with no real problems - only weird
> thing was we HAD to make the seagate unit 0, and move the
> Quantum to address 1 to get it up and running..

As I mentioned earlier, this only applies to V3.7.

Ralph

chem194@csc.canterbury.ac.nz (John Davis) (05/07/91)

In article <074938.3917@timbuk.cray.com>, paws@cray.com (Daniel Baehr) writes:

>   A question for all of you GVP HC/+8 users out there that have
>  gotten a drive other than a Quantum to work with it. What are the

We've had a Quantum 102 and a Seagate 157n working together of a HC+8
with no real problems - only weird thing was we HAD to make the seagate
unit 0, and move the Quantum to address 1 to get it up and running..

| o  John Davis - CHEM194@canterbury.ac.nz               o |
| o  (Depart)mental Programmer,Chemistry Department      o |
| o  University of Canterbury, Christchurch, New Zealand o |