[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] I just received the GVP series II accelerator

IO91461@MAINE.BITNET (Tom Nezwek) (05/04/91)

Its real nice but the scsi host is slower than my hardframe 2000.
I get 700k read/550k write with the HF with a 64k cache.
The GVP (with the same drive/partition) gets only 500k read / 400k write.
Oh well..  -Hope this helps the speed Demon's like me out there in netland.
          -Tom

rbabel@babylon.rmt.sub.org (Ralph Babel) (05/07/91)

In article <91123.155208IO91461@MAINE.BITNET>,
IO91461@MAINE.BITNET (Tom Nezwek) writes:

> Its real nice but the scsi host is slower than my hardframe 2000.
> I get 700k read/550k write with the HF with a 64k cache.
> The GVP (with the same drive/partition) gets only 500k read / 400k write.

Make sure you set the Mask parameter to 0xFFFFFFFE.

See pages 26-28 of GVP's manual for details.

Ralph

IO91461@MAINE.BITNET (Tom Nezwek) (05/08/91)

Yes I did set the mask.. (I also read the manual quite extensively)
To the person who suggested this:  What did U get for speeds?

BTW My figures were with a real-life situation: the partion was about 50% full
    I didn't want to test on a blank partition (even though that yeilds better
    results) because you don't use an empty hd but one with some software on
    it..

          -Tom Nezwek