[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Live!2000 on a A3000?

hgm@ccvr1.ncsu.edu (Hal G. Meeks) (05/07/91)

Shortly after the 3000 was released I was informed that the Live!2000 card
does not work on the A3000. Ironically, Invision Plus (outstanding!) runs
just fine, but can't find an installed Live! card.

I'm wondering if anyone has a fix for it. A call to A-Squared gives me their
answering machine.

This is a real pity, because the Live/Invision Plus combination is a lot
like a Video Toaster Jr. It's the one thing that's kept me from upgrading to
like a
a A3000.

--hal

--
hgm@ccvr1.cc.ncsu.edu   "Fashion is fascism with a neat haircut."
netoprhm@ncsuvm.bitnet

In article <1991May7.114023.8917@ncsu.edu> hgm@ccvr1.ncsu.edu (Hal G. Meeks) writes:
>Shortly after the 3000 was released I was informed that the Live!2000 card
>does not work on the A3000. Ironically, Invision Plus (outstanding!) runs
>just fine, but can't find an installed Live! card.

There was a bug in the Live! 2000 card's logic that prevents it from working
in an A3000.  Both A-Squared and Elan Design know about the fix.  It requires a
jumper and a PAL change as I recall (I came up with the fix for them).  I don't
know what they're doing about upgrades, but it would probably be best to
contact them to find out.

>hgm@ccvr1.cc.ncsu.edu   "Fashion is fascism with a neat haircut."

      "That's me in the corner, that's me in the spotlight" -R.E.M.