[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] amiga&statistics

tloomis@polari.UUCP (Tom Loomis) (05/07/91)

Are there any good STATISTICS programs available for Amiga hardware (say
an Amiga 3000 or better)?
Are there any good GRAPHING programs, also?
I am looking for commercial pgms of power/quality equiv or better than
the Mac's Statview II (by Abacus Concepts) and Kaleidagraph (by
Synergy Software).
I run an Amiga 1000 at home (yes, I am considering the new upgrade offer;
I'll call my dealer as soon as I log off of my local node) and a Mac and
PDP-11/44 scientific DP lab at work.
If the answer to either of the above is yes, then, what additional
hardware (coprocessors, etc) are available to help such pgms run
faster (Multiple ANOVAs are really computebound).
Apologies to all if this is the wrong group for this question. It just
occurred to me because of the new upgrade news; .... :)

In article <3978@polari.UUCP> tloomis@polari.UUCP (Tom Loomis) writes:
>Are there any good STATISTICS programs available for Amiga hardware (say
>an Amiga 3000 or better)?
>Are there any good GRAPHING programs, also?
>I am looking for commercial pgms of power/quality equiv or better than
>the Mac's Statview II (by Abacus Concepts) and Kaleidagraph (by
>Synergy Software).
>I run an Amiga 1000 at home (yes, I am considering the new upgrade offer;
>I'll call my dealer as soon as I log off of my local node) and a Mac and
>PDP-11/44 scientific DP lab at work.
>If the answer to either of the above is yes, then, what additional
>hardware (coprocessors, etc) are available to help such pgms run
>faster (Multiple ANOVAs are really computebound).
>Apologies to all if this is the wrong group for this question. It just
>occurred to me because of the new upgrade news; .... :)

	You should look into Maple from Waterloo-Maple Software.
The price keeps changing, it's real hard to keep track of, but
assuming your school has no special relationship with them, it
should be about $300-$400 or so.
	It requires 10MB of hard drive space available, but that
is all. You probably WANT an 030, but then the A3000 comes with
one. How convenient. 8-)

	Maple is a general all-purpose math package with
(currently) 2-D graphing capabilities similar to Mathematica.
	-- Ethan

"Brain! Brain! What is Brain?"

dltaylor@cns.SanDiego.NCR.COM (Dan Taylor) (05/09/91)

>In article <3978@polari.UUCP> tloomis@polari.UUCP (Tom Loomis) writes:
>>Are there any good STATISTICS programs available for Amiga hardware (say
>>an Amiga 3000 or better)?

I believe OXXI has announced a statistics package.  You can get their
number from an Amazing Computing, I'm sure.

I have been happy with the telecom program they sell, for what that's
worth.

Dan Taylor