[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Amiga for sale

mhoward@wheaton.UUCP (Mike Howard) (09/12/90)

Amiga 500 ---- For Sale ----

Great condition...must sell to pay for college tuition...

System includes:

	- Amiga 500
	- Genius Mouse & Pad
	- Commodore 1084 color monitor
	- Master 3A1 External 3 1/2 drive
	- Internal Memory Expansion (half-a-megabyte) with clock
	- Commodore MPS 1250 printer with 2 extra ribbons
	    (NLQ 9-pin graphics printer, small fast..has tractor/friction
	    feed)
	- Commodore 1200 Baud modem

	All cables needed are provided as well as manuals and boxes.

	Original Software included:

		ProWrite 3.0
		AmigaTerm
		Populous
		Terrorpods
		Falcon
		Firepower
		F18 Interceptor

I'm asking $1200 for the entire package and I am available at (708)260-3832
for any information and questions...This package would cost over $2000 if
purchased brand-new.

neil@celia.UUCP (Neil Richmond) (05/03/91)

I have noticed from time to time that people advertise Amiga items here. Is
it proper to do this here? Do you guys mind when people advertise here? Do
you always look in misc.forsale.computers? What about in comp.sys.amiga.misc?

neil

--
Only 3166 shopping days left till the next millenium!
Neil F. Richmond         INTERNET: celia!neil@usc.edu

johnhlee@CS.Cornell.EDU (John H. Lee) (05/03/91)

In article <1007@celia.UUCP> celia!neil@usc.edu (Neil Richmond) writes:
>I have noticed from time to time that people advertise Amiga items here. Is
>it proper to do this here? Do you guys mind when people advertise here? Do
>you always look in misc.forsale.computers? What about in comp.sys.amiga.misc?

I'm glad you brought it up.  This is directed to all sellers:  No, it's not
proper.  Yes, I do mind.  Yes, I always read misc.forsale.computers.  Yes,
I do read comp.sys.amiga.misc, and it's not proper to post for-sale messages
there, either.

People, the proper newgroup in the comp.sys.amiga hierarchy for for-sale
messages is comp.sys.amiga.marketplace, NO WHERE ELSE.  This is clearly
spelled out in the charters for each newsgroup.  If you wish to cross-post
a for-sale to misc.forsale.computers and comp.sys.amiga.marketplace, fine,
BUT NOT TO ONE OF THE AMIGA DISCUSSION NEWSGROUPS.

If you want your merchandise to be seen, post it in the newsgroup with the
nearly lowest traffic that happens to be designed for such things.  I
guarentee that it will be lost or ignored in a sea of messages in a higher
volume newgroup like comp.sys.amiga.misc.  If I'm looking for stuff to buy,
guess where I look first.

This goes similarly if you're thinking about posting computer-related
items to misc.forsale--use misc.forsale.computers.

The DiskDoctor threatens the crew!  Next time on AmigaDos: The Next Generation.
	John Lee		Internet: johnhlee@cs.cornell.edu
The above opinions of those of the user, and not of this machine.

c506634@umcvmb.missouri.edu (Eric Edwards) (05/04/91)

In article <1007@celia.UUCP> neil@celia.UUCP (Neil Richmond) writes:

> I have noticed from time to time that people advertise Amiga items here. Is
> it proper to do this here? Do you guys mind when people advertise here? Do
> you always look in misc.forsale.computers? What about in comp.sys.amiga.misc?

No.  It is _not_ proper to advertise in here.  The proper places for "for
sale" postings are:

comp.sys.amiga.marketplace for Amiga specific stuff
misc.forsale.computers for all other computer stuff

But you're right, there have been a lot of "forsale" postings here
recently.  They don't belong here.

*Sigh* it seems we discussed this only a few weeks ago.  Was anybody
listening?  Maybe we need a monthly, "Take it to marketplace" posting.

Eric Edwards:  c506634 @  "I say we take off and nuke the entire site
Inet: umcvmb.missouri.edu  from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure."
Bitnet: umcvmb.bitnet      -- Sigourney Weaver, _Aliens_

jdickson@jato.jpl.nasa.gov (Jeff Dickson) (05/09/91)

In article <1007@celia.UUCP> celia!neil@usc.edu (Neil Richmond) writes:
>I have noticed from time to time that people advertise Amiga items here. Is
>it proper to do this here? Do you guys mind when people advertise here? Do
>you always look in misc.forsale.computers? What about in comp.sys.amiga.misc?
>
>neil
>

>--
>Only 3166 shopping days left till the next millenium!
>Neil F. Richmond         INTERNET: celia!neil@usc.edu
>Rhythm & Hues Inc.       UUCP: ...{ames,hplabs}!lll-tis!celia!neil)

	I mind. In fact I don't even give the add a second glance! If I am
looking to buy something I look in misc.forsale.computers and comp.sys.amiga.
marketplace. If persons are after my business, they dam better advertise in
the correct places. AND NO, I do not think comp.sys.amiga.misc is a place
for ads.

-jeff