[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] External Drive Cases

robbar@aplcen.apl.jhu.edu (Baruch robert) (05/15/91)

Does anyone know a source for external cases for 1/2 height
tape drive units?

easton@zds-oem.UUCP (Jeff Easton) (05/15/91)

In article <1991May14.210400.11216@aplcen.apl.jhu.edu> robbar@aplcen (Robert Baruch) writes:
>Does anyone know a source for external cases for 1/2 height
>tape drive units?

  Good luck.  I was in the market for a external SCSI case to house a tape
drive a few months ago.  After calling all the usual places advertising in
the various MAC magazines, I settled on Hard Drives International.  My
salesman assured me that the case had a cutout for removable media drives.

  After a month or so of waiting and calling and getting various excuses,
they finally shipped me the wrong one.  A quick phone call to my salsman
assured me that he hasnt the slightest idea what I wanted in the first place.
I finally cut the hole in the bezel myself.  It came out looking pretty
good too.

        Jeff Easton               Zenith Data Systems
     // Systems Engineer
   \X/  easton%zds-oem@caspian.cs.andrews.edu
	easton@andrews.edu
   What?  Preemptive Multitasking in only 256K of RAM?  :^)  :^)