[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] GVP II: how many versions ?

rbabel@babylon.rmt.sub.org (Ralph Babel) (05/15/91)

In article <9105150956.AA07153@alessia.dei.unipd.it>,
gigio@ALESSIA.DEI.UNIPD.IT (GianLuigi Nusca) writes:

> How many versions of GVP II do exist?

For the A2000, there are three versions: the SCSI-only, the
SCSI+8, and the new '030+RAM+SCSI accelerator board.

> I know that there are at least two, one with 12 jumpers
> and one with 15 jumpers. It seems that the first has some
> problem with Amiga B2000 4.3.

There are a few DMA-related problems with certain revisions
of the A2000's motherboard (among them 4.3), but all of them
can be upgraded (see the Commodore TechTopics #25 for
details). Maybe Dave can comment ...

> A dealer said to me that there are more than two versions,
> but he said that he doesn't know exactly how many they are
> and which are the differences.

There are two revisions of the SCSI-only (for two different
pinouts of the DMA chip); three revisions of the SCSI+8
(rev4 added a jumper so 4-meg SIMMs could be used; rev5
added yet another jumper to fix certain problems with the
4.3 motherboard); there's only one rev of the "all-in-one"
so far. This only includes revisions that are in the field.

Ralph

gigio@ALESSIA.DEI.UNIPD.IT (GianLuigi Nusca) (05/15/91)

	How many versions of GVP II do exist? I know that there are at
least two, one with 12 jumpers and one with 15 jumpers. It seems that
the first has some problem with Amiga B2000 4.3. A dealer said to me

--

				gigio@alessia.dei.unipd.it