[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Adspeed & GVP

n298ad@tamuts.tamu.edu (John Jordan) (05/08/91)

Anyone Know if there is a software patch to let
A GVP series II work with Adspeed?
or if GVP has released their update to the ROMS yet?

-JOhn

rbabel@babylon.rmt.sub.org (Ralph Babel) (05/08/91)

In article <15975@helios.TAMU.EDU>, n298ad@tamuts.tamu.edu
(John Jordan) writes:

> Anyone Know if there is a software patch to let A GVP
> series II work with Adspeed?

Run >NIL: GvpScsiCtrl ICDCache

Ralph

amouse@phoenix.pub.uu.oz.au (Rik Wheatley) (05/12/91)

In <07743.AA07743@babylon.rmt.sub.org> rbabel@babylon.rmt.sub.org (Ralph Babel) writes:

>> Anyone Know if there is a software patch to let A GVP
>> series II work with Adspeed?

>Run >NIL: GvpScsiCtrl ICDCache

>Ralph

erm but i/we don't have this gvpscsictrl pgm. at least, i didn't get it
with my series II rom upgrade for my series I controller.
btw i don't have an adspeed yet, it's on order, so i don't know about this
icdcache program.

 \ Anony Mouse          | You can't have everything: where would you put it? /
 / amouse@phoenix.pub.uu.oz.au  | one-line starfield: . .. .  . .. .   . ..  \

rbabel@babylon.rmt.sub.org (Ralph Babel) (05/13/91)

In article <1991May12.081801.2210@phoenix.pub.uu.oz.au>,
amouse@phoenix.pub.uu.oz.au (Rik Wheatley) writes:

> erm but i/we don't have this gvpscsictrl pgm. at least, i
> didn't get it with my series II rom upgrade for my series
> I controller.

GVP's Series-I is non-DMA anyway and therefore shouldn't
need this patch.

Ralph

slyde@phoenix.pub.uu.oz.au (Karl Turner) (05/16/91)

In <07895.AA07895@babylon.rmt.sub.org> rbabel@babylon.rmt.sub.org (Ralph Babel) writes:

>> erm but i/we don't have this gvpscsictrl pgm. at least, i
>> didn't get it with my series II rom upgrade for my series
>> I controller.

>GVP's Series-I is non-DMA anyway and therefore shouldn't
>need this patch.

>Ralph

if u read the above, it says that he got the series II rom upgrade for his
series I controller....

rbabel@babylon.rmt.sub.org (Ralph Babel) (05/16/91)

In article <1991May16.124734.4197@phoenix.pub.uu.oz.au>,
slyde@phoenix.pub.uu.oz.au (Karl Turner) writes:

>> In <07895.AA07895@babylon.rmt.sub.org>
>> rbabel@babylon.rmt.sub.org (Ralph Babel) writes:
>>
>>> erm but i/we don't have this gvpscsictrl pgm. at least, i
>>> didn't get it with my series II rom upgrade for my series
>>> I controller.
>>
>> GVP's Series-I is non-DMA anyway and therefore shouldn't
>> need this patch.
>>
>> Ralph
>
> if u read the above, it says that he got the series II rom
> upgrade for his series I controller....

A new driver ROM doesn't magically turn your non-DMA host
adapter into a DMA board! And there is no Series-II ROM,
only a Series-II _board_. The new ROM is called "FaaastROM",
it works with GVP's Series-I (non-DMA) and Series-II (DMA)
boards. So, as I already said, Series-I doesn't require this
patch, no matter what ROM version you are running.

Trust me. :-)

Ralph