[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] How do I move harddisk buffer

pilgrim@daimi.aau.dk (Jakob G}rdsted) (05/18/91)

I've asked a few days ago, and does now again, because I
received lots of replies. But only from people with the
same problem, and no solutions.

Problem:The program SysInfo(Fishdisks) tells us, that our
hard disk device driver(?) is in slow ram. When we read
the docs for sysinfo, the explanation to this "gadget" is,
that it indicates whether the devicedriverthing is in slow
or in fast ram. And, that if it says slow ram, we shall hurry
and put it in fast ram. So -
         How do we poor sinners do this?
--
From the notorious
                      Jakob Gaardsted, Computer Science Department

pilgrim@daimi.aau.dk (Jakob G}rdsted) writes:
>that it indicates whether the devicedriverthing is in slow
>or in fast ram. And, that if it says slow ram, we shall hurry
>and put it in fast ram. So -
>         How do we poor sinners do this?

I finally got One answer to this(and several more questions
about how I was advised to do this!), so instead of replying
by E-mail, I post this:

A Pat Palmer said, that Rob Pecks' book The Amiga Companion said
(not-isomorph-quote follows)
This is controlled by entry BufMemType in the mountlist.
4 or 5 means exp. RAM,
2 or 3 means CHIP ram,
0 or 1 means up to the system to decide.
So I guess we should choose 4(5).
--
From the notorious