[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Xetec FastTrack + InsiderII = ??

ia0i+@andrew.cmu.edu (Indu Tara Agarwal) (05/21/91)

I apologize if this isn't the correct forum, (but it IS .hardware!) but I
had a question of moderate importance:

I have decided that in the near future I will purchase an HD+ctrllr. I have
read that the Xetec Fasttrack (for my 1000) sometimes doesn't co-exist
very well with other add-ons.  I'm wondering if my InsiderII memory board
will cause any problems, and if so what kind of problems?  Does anyone
else have this combination or know if it functions properly?

Please e-mail all replies, since this is probably NOT of general interest.
Thanks!

mascot@bnr.ca (Scott Mason) (05/22/91)

In article <QcC0Lyy00WB5A_kr4u@andrew.cmu.edu> ia0i+@andrew.cmu.edu (Indu Tara Agarwal) writes:
>I apologize if this isn't the correct forum, (but it IS .hardware!) but I
>had a question of moderate importance:
>
>I have decided that in the near future I will purchase an HD+ctrllr.

So ... does this belong in CSA.hardware or not? Not to pick on this
poster, but I don't think it does. I wish that questions such as:

  Which is the best/cheapest/fastest... HD controller for my AXXXX?

would be directed to CSA.marketplace, not CSA.hardware. I would like
to see CSA.hardware reserved to issues of HW design. When the
mandate for .marketplace was composed, didn't it include the above
family of questions?

Thanx.