[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Need info on the Quantum 105M drive

brian@grebyn.com (Brian Bishop) (05/16/91)

  I recently purchased a Quantum 105 Meg drive without any documentation. If
someone could inform me as to the settings for the two jumper banks, I'd
appreciate it. I am mainly interested in altering the scsi lun # (drive
number). Thanks!!!!

  Brian Bishop

--
---

          Brian Bishop, Software Engineer, Zyga Corporation

jsanchez@polari.UUCP (jim sanchez) (05/18/91)

All the Quantum Drives I have used have three jumpers labeled A0,A1,A2 in
tiny letters.  These set the SCSI address a jumper installed sets that
address bit to a "1" eg, no jumpers is ID 0.
Jim Sanchez

tessier@bmerh185.BNR.CA (Daniel Tessier) (05/21/91)

In article <1991May16.041346.9356@grebyn.com>, brian@grebyn.com (Brian
Bishop) writes:

|>   I recently purchased a Quantum 105 Meg drive without any documentation. If
|> someone could inform me as to the settings for the two jumper banks, I'd
|> appreciate it. I am mainly interested in altering the scsi lun # (drive
|> number). Thanks!!!!
I just installed a LPS105S this weekend together with a HardFrame 2000.
I didn't
get any documentation with the drive, but in the HF docs, they mention that the
A0, A1 and A2 jumpers control the unit number. The default configuration should
have A1 and A2 set (unit 6). I removed those to set it to unit 0.

/----------------------------------------------------------------\
| Dan Tessier		       PHONE   : (613)765-2380		 |
| Bell-Northern Research, Ltd. INTERNET: tessier@bnr.ca 	 |
| Ottawa, Ontario, Canada      UUCP    : ...uunet!bnrgate.bnr.ca |
|					    !bmerh185!tessier	 |
| "Mothers are the necessity of invention"			 |
|			       - Calvin & Hobbes		 |

cac5961@rouge.usl.edu (Castor Christian A) (05/23/91)

It seems that from time to time this same question pops up.  I'm
posting the EMAIL response I got when I asked the same question: