[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] 3000 Scan Rates

mental@bluemoon.uucp (Sean Kellner) (05/21/91)

 I am not sure but this question has probably been asked a lot already but
I havent seen anything about it. I will be moving soon and will probably
be getting a 3000 before I get back on boards again so I am asking now.
What are the different scan rates coming out of the 3000 and is there one
monitor that can handle all of them and overscan? Will the ColorBurst (I
know its from MAST and will probably never see the light of day, but..)
work on a 3000 and what scan rates does it need? How about the U Lowell
board?  Thanks for all the info...

Who is evil? Who is blind?             |    mental%bluemoon@nstar.rn.com
In the name of who you'll find         |       or if that doesnt work
You're not supposed to question faith  |  rknaggs@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu
But how do you accept this fate?   -Anthrax

In article <wBBB31w164w@bluemoon.uucp> mental@bluemoon.uucp (Sean Kellner) writes:

> I am not sure but this question has probably been asked a lot already but
>I havent seen anything about it. I will be moving soon and will probably
>be getting a 3000 before I get back on boards again so I am asking now.
>What are the different scan rates coming out of the 3000 and is there one
>monitor that can handle all of them and overscan?

The A3000 will generate two basic scan rates, the roughly 15kHz horizontal rate
normally associated with NTSC compatible video, and the roughly 31kHz horizontal
rate normally associated with PClone VGA video.  There are both interlaced and
noninterlaced modes in both resolutions, though the one interlaced 31kHz mode
is generally considered kind of wacky (640x960 interlaced).  All modes support
overscan to some extent.  Most computer monitors work reasonably well with
overscan, as they don't worry too much about showing borders.  Some of the
Commodore monitors let you choose to show the overscan region or run it beyond
the edges like a TV set.

      "That's me in the corner, that's me in the spotlight" -R.E.M.