[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Problem with GVP A3001 and Quantum 40AT

drbit@phobos.UUCP (Jorgen Kjaersgaard) (05/23/91)

I have a GVP A3001 rev 7 with a Quantum 40AT attached to it in my Amiga 2000
rev 6.5. I don't have a boot EPROM on the A3001. When I try to prepare the
harddisk with GVPFaaastPrep or GVPPrepAT I get an error message saying that
gvpat.device unit 0 can't be opened. According to the manual (which isn't
the updated one for rev 7) it should be possible to prepare the HD without
a boot EPROM. Does anybody know whether GVP has changed the board so that
it is no longer possible to use an AT HD without a boot EPROM?

    Regards,

      Jxrgen Kjfrsgaard   UUCP Intl.:  [rutgers!|pyramid!]cbmvax!
	   (Dr.Bit)                    cbmehq!cbmdeo!phobos!drbit
			  FidoNet:     2:230/112.16
      Phobos Development  BBS:	       Los Amigos BBS +45 97-142-830
      Skivevej 12			  _
      DK-7451 Sunds		       _ //
      Denmark			       \X/ Amiga makes it happen

rbabel@babylon.rmt.sub.org (Ralph Babel) (05/24/91)

In article <drbit.0042@phobos.UUCP>, drbit@phobos.UUCP
(Jorgen Kjaersgaard) writes:

> I don't have a boot EPROM on the A3001.

Why not?

> According to the manual (which isn't the updated one for
> rev 7) it should be possible to prepare the HD without a
> boot EPROM.

What about BindDrivers?

Ralph