[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] A2000 Cooling

harding@b56vxg.kp01.kodak.com (Jon Harding, RDCS, x75944, mc23302) (05/24/91)

I have recently added a buch of hardware to my A2000.  It gets warm and
smelly.  I have added a additional fan to help out the gutless 12v fan
but would like to replace it with a 110v fan the same size.  So, does
anyone know the cfm capacity of the original fan?  I' like to replace
it with one of much greater capacity to prevent my investment from
going up in smoke.  Thanks.

mmm@reaper.Chi.IL.US (Michael Marvin Morrison) (05/25/91)

In article <24MAY91121024@b56vxg.kp01.kodak.com> harding@b56vxg.kp01.kodak.com (Jon Harding, RDCS, x75944, mc23302) writes:
>I have recently added a buch of hardware to my A2000.  It gets warm and
>smelly.  I have added a additional fan to help out the gutless 12v fan
>but would like to replace it with a 110v fan the same size.  So, does
>anyone know the cfm capacity of the original fan?  I' like to replace
>it with one of much greater capacity to prevent my investment from
>going up in smoke.  Thanks.

Hmm.. I have a 2091 w/Q105, 8up!, ASDG Dual Serial, BridgeBoard, 6Pac+,
EGA card, C= Display Enhancer, 3 Floppies, and a Mega Midget Racer all inside
my computer, and it runs cool offa just the internal fan.  Maybe something
is touching something else, and causing it to get hot..

--
Michael M Morrison              /|                             |\
mmm@reaper.chi.il.us <or>      | |     Cold Steel on Ice       | |