[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Seagate ST225N

judge@alchemy.tcnet.ithaca.ny.us (rory toma) (05/24/91)

I have one of these that works on an AT, and also works on a Sun 3/50
(don't laugh). However, it won't seem to work on my 3000. Any hints?

rory

In article <eoig35w162w@alchemy.tcnet.ithaca.ny.us> judge@alchemy.tcnet.ithaca.ny.us (rory toma) writes:
>I have one of these that works on an AT, and also works on a Sun 3/50
>(don't laugh). However, it won't seem to work on my 3000. Any hints?

	This is the (main) drive that caused the "Seagate bit" to be added
to the battery-backed-up-ram (jumpers/dips on A590/A2091).  It has several
problems, including response speed at cold boot, parity problems, reselection
problems if I remember right, etc.  Fun, eh?  You need the PD program
"BattMem".

	I had hoped they had all been used to build artificial reefs off
Florida.

--
Randell Jesup, Jack-of-quite-a-few-trades, Commodore Engineering.
Disclaimer: Nothing I say is anything other than my personal opinion.

judge@alchemy.ithaca.ny.us (rory toma) (05/26/91)

> 	I had hoped they had all been used to build artificial reefs off
> Florida.
>
> --
> Randell Jesup, Jack-of-quite-a-few-trades, Commodore Engineering.
> {uunet|rutgers}!cbmvax!jesup, jesup@cbmvax.cbm.commodore.com  BIX: rjesup
> Disclaimer: Nothing I say is anything other than my personal opinion.
> "No matter where you go, there you are."  - Buckaroo Banzai

But they're only half-height, so the water would have tobe really
shallow.

rory