[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] GVP 3001 28-33-50Mhz

aj2@ALESSIA.DEI.UNIPD.IT (Eugenio Castellani 295290/IL) (05/24/91)

     I need info about the accelerators GVP 030+882 4mb AT bus
     28-33-50 Mhz. Friends told me that the first version had
     many bugs, but now? The result with a 33 Mhz or 50, is
     better than an A 3000/25 ?

      Thanks in advance,

       Eugenio.

dale@boing.UUCP (Dale Luck) (05/26/91)

In article aj2@ALESSIA.DEI.UNIPD.IT (Eugenio Castellani 295290/IL) writes:
>     I need info about the accelerators GVP 030+882 4mb AT bus
>     28-33-50 Mhz. Friends told me that the first version had
>     many bugs, but now? The result with a 33 Mhz or 50, is
>     better than an A 3000/25 ?

I've been running my A2000 with a GVP 030+882 50mhz 8mbyte ram for a couple
months now. It is very fast. I do all my main X Window development on it
now. In that box is a 2091 with a PS210 and a QIC 150mbyte tapedrive.
Also 2 A2065 ethernet boards (1 for DECnet and one for tcp/ip)
Also attached to the 2091 external scsi is a 300mbyte maxtor. Everything
seems to run fine, boots up no problems, 1.3 and 2.0 work great. (I use
2.0+ exclusively now) 1.3 is only for compatibility testing. Also 1M of
chip RAM and flicker fixer.

I'd say the GVP@50 is a real nice product.

--
Dale Luck     GfxBase/Boing, Inc.
{uunet!cbmvax|pyramid}!amiga!boing!dale

FINEBERG@WUMS2.WUSTL.EDU (Charlie Fineberg) (05/27/91)

Subject:Re: GVP 3001 28-33-50Mhz
Date: 25 May 91 22:26:32 GMT

In article 984@boing.UUCP dale@boing.UUCP (Dale Luck) writes:

> ...In that box is a 2091 with a PS210 and a QIC 150mbyte tapedrive. Also
> 2 A2065 ethernet boards (1 for DECnet and one for tcp/ip) Also attached to
> the 2091 external scsi is a 300mbyte maxtor...

What is a PS210.  Or is that the Zorro II controller for QIC cards?  Sorry
just not familiar with tape backup options on the Amiga.

--
Charlie Fineberg	Biochemistry Dept., Wash. U. Sch. of Medicine (WUMS)
Box 8231, 4566 Scott Ave.		  BITNET: FINEBERG@WUMS

dac@prolix.pub.uu.oz.au (Andrew Clayton) (05/28/91)

In article <984@boing.UUCP>, Dale Luck writes:

> In article aj2@ALESSIA.DEI.UNIPD.IT (Eugenio Castellani 295290/IL) writes:
> >     I need info about the accelerators GVP 030+882 4mb AT bus
> >     28-33-50 Mhz. Friends told me that the first version had
> >     many bugs, but now? The result with a 33 Mhz or 50, is
> >     better than an A 3000/25 ?
>
> I've been running my A2000 with a GVP 030+882 50mhz 8mbyte ram for a couple
> months now. It is very fast. I do all my main X Window development on it

> I'd say the GVP@50 is a real nice product.

What sort of performance do you get (Sysinfo or SI rating)?

Dac
--

hjanssen@cbnewse.att.com (hank janssen) (05/28/91)

From article <1935a7fa.ARN2153@prolix.pub.uu.oz.au>, by dac@prolix.pub.uu.oz.au (Andrew Clayton):
> In article <984@boing.UUCP>, Dale Luck writes:
>
>> In article aj2@ALESSIA.DEI.UNIPD.IT (Eugenio Castellani 295290/IL) writes:
>> >     I need info about the accelerators GVP 030+882 4mb AT bus
>> >     28-33-50 Mhz. Friends told me that the first version had
>> >     many bugs, but now? The result with a 33 Mhz or 50, is
>> >     better than an A 3000/25 ?
>>
>> I've been running my A2000 with a GVP 030+882 50mhz 8mbyte ram for a couple
>> months now. It is very fast. I do all my main X Window development on it
>
>> I'd say the GVP@50 is a real nice product.
>
> What sort of performance do you get (Sysinfo or SI rating)?
>
> Dac
> --

I don't know about the above persons performance specifications on the
50Mhz board. But Sysinfo crashes my system when i run it on  my  50Mhz
board. It seems the board is to fast for the program to catch up.  :-)

But  i  must say i am _VERY_ impressed with my 50 Mhz board. It is the
latest  version  there  is.  ANd  besides  of  the sysinfo crashing my
system i had no problems with it whatsoever.

And it is unbelievable fast.
The thing really screams........

Get one if you have the money......

Hank Janssen..