[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] A2410 card

jason@surf.sics.bu.oz.au (Jason Patterson) (12/13/90)

I was just wondering whether anyone out there knows the PRICE
of the 2410 Card, and where I can get one!.

I already know what it can do, and I WANT to get one. It would
be *really* appreciated if someone could tell me how much it
costs (in any currency), and where I can getit!!!

NB: I already know I can't yet get it in Australia (believe
    me I've tried (talked to C= Aust etc..). Where do I
    get it from in the USA?.

Please send replies to comp.sys.amiga.hardware.
Thanks in advance!!

hood@cbmvax.commodore.com (Scott Hood) (12/14/90)

In article <1402@surf.sics.bu.oz.au> s000623@sand.sics.bu.oz.au (Jason Patterson) writes:

>I was just wondering whether anyone out there knows the PRICE
>of the 2410 Card, and where I can get one!.
>
>I already know what it can do, and I WANT to get one. It would
>be *really* appreciated if someone could tell me how much it
>costs (in any currency), and where I can getit!!!
>
>NB: I already know I can't yet get it in Australia (believe
>    me I've tried (talked to C= Aust etc..). Where do I
>    get it from in the USA?.
>
>Please send replies to comp.sys.amiga.hardware.
>Thanks in advance!!

The A2410 Hi-Res board is not released just yet and therefore is not
available in the USA or anywhere else.  The list price I am not sure of
just yet, so we will just have to wait and see.

Regards,
Scott Hood

Scott Hood, Hardware Design Engineer (A3000 Crew),  Commodore-Amiga, Inc.
   {uunet|pyramid|rutgers}!cbmvax!hood   hood@cbmvax.cbm.commodore.com
  "The views expressed here are not necessarily those of my employer!"

jrutledg@hal.ulowell.edu (John Lawrence Rutledge) (05/29/91)

Here are the specs on the A2410 ULowell high-res graphics card.

It consists of a A34010 TI graphics processor running at 50MHz.

For resolution its supports anything from 640x400 to 1024x1024
if the card has the correct osilator.  Unfortunatly the card can only has
space for two.

The display is a full 8-bit with 2-bits for overlay.

It has 2Meg of memory with 1M for display and 1M for program.  The program
memory can be used as backing store.  Right now about 100K of program is put
on the card.

The 1950 monitor that comes with the 3000 can show a 800x600 image off the
card.  As for others, any multi-sync monitor that can show the resolution
selected will work.  For instance, the Mitsubishi Diamond Scan will just
about any resolution the A2410 puts out, except for lowest resolutions.

The card does support the TIGA programming system.

The card should hit the market soon.  The design is final and at least
20 developers have alpha versions.  The latest version of The Art
Department Professional does support it.

The only real problem with the card is its output is totally separate
from the Amiga.  You need two monitors or you have to switch cables
every time the card is used.  Also, this means no genlocks or other
video equipment can be used with the card. These only affect the
Amiga's display not the card's.

An AmigaDOS device has been written for it and on the UNIX side X11R3 has
been port.  Someone is working on porting X11R4.

If you have any more question, other then when it will hit the market,
send me mail and I will get back to you.

			- John Lawrence Rutledge
			jrutledg@cs.ulowell.edu