[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Trumpcard 500

sl242003@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Jon Paul Baker) (03/27/91)

I have a TrumpCard 500 along with the 4 meg memory board they sell
with it (2meg populated).  I am running AmigaDOS 1.3.2 with 1.3
Kickstart ROMs.  Other than that, a standard A500 hardwarewise.

Is there any way to get more speed out of it?  I am getting
(from DiskSpeed) a maximum of about 300k/sec with the 256K
buffersize.

Also, is there a program to tell me how fast my hard drive as it is
configured now without messing around with weird buffer sizes?

Thanks in advance,
Jon

technews@iitmax.iit.edu (Kevin Kadow) (05/31/91)

I've read that the controller and memory expansion boards from the TC500
can be transferred to an A2000 (leaving you with a big expensive box to
sell with your 500) but is the reverse possible?

Basically, do I have to buy *their* 4 meg expansion board, or can I just
pop in any A2000 card that would fit the case?
--

technews@iitmax.iit.edu                           kadokev@iitvax (bitnet)
                         My Employer Disagrees.

c506634@umcvmb.missouri.edu (Eric Edwards) (06/01/91)

In article <1991May31.044954.27924@iitmax.iit.edu> technews@iitmax.iit.edu (Kevin Kadow) writes:

> I've read that the controller and memory expansion boards from the TC500
> can be transferred to an A2000 (leaving you with a big expensive box to
> sell with your 500) but is the reverse possible?
>
> Basically, do I have to buy *their* 4 meg expansion board, or can I just
> pop in any A2000 card that would fit the case?

That's the problem.  Most ZorroII boards will not fit in the Trumpcard 500
case.  The Meta-4 is a short board that norrows toward the back to match
the slant of the case.  Also, I think it also not as tall as a typical
ZorroII board.  Again, this is so it will fit.

Eric Edwards:  c506634 @  "I say we take off and nuke the entire site
Inet: umcvmb.missouri.edu  from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure."
Bitnet: umcvmb.bitnet      -- Sigourney Weaver, _Aliens_