[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Imtronics Hurricane 28MHZ 030 + GVP Series II

ammrk@swbatl.sbc.com (Mike R. Kraml) (06/04/91)

   I have a friend with the above mentioned combo.  The strange problem
he is having is that with the 030 card plugged in, the GVP controller won't
auto boot.  It gives the message "Can't find SCSIdisk.device" or something
like that.  The system then hangs, and nothing happens.  The 030 card has
a SCSI controller on board, however, there is no Boot ROM (from what I hear
it never got finished (or something like that)), therefore is basically
useless.  It does however, somehow mess up the GVP.  Any ideas anyone?

  I am supposed to get the system in the next day or two to try to solve
this problem for him, in the mean time, I thought I would see if any
of the hardware Gurus out there had any ideas.  Thanks a lot, Mike...
      Mike Kraml - Manager-Finance MECHANIZATION - SWBT - (the HARD Hack)
          UUCP: {uunet, bellcore, texbell}...!swbatl.sbc.com!ammrk

rbabel@babylon.rmt.sub.org (Ralph Babel) (06/05/91)

In article <1991Jun4.003647.23245@swbatl.sbc.com>,
ammrk@swbatl.sbc.com (Mike R. Kraml) writes:

> The strange problem he is having is that with the 030 card
> plugged in, the GVP controller won't auto boot.

Does the Hurricane RAM support DMA? Earlier versions didn't.
Or is it located outside the Zorro-II space? Where? Hey
guys/gals: I'm sure you'd all get a lot more feedback if
you'd provide the net with some more precise information on
your exact configuration, version numbers, etc.

> It gives the message "Can't find SCSIdisk.device" or
> something like that.

Never heard of such a message. Please try to find out
_exactly_ what the message is.

Ralph