[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] MegaMidget and ICD's Flicker Free Video

bard@jessica.stanford.edu (David Hopper) (06/04/91)

Simple question:  are they compatible?  Can they be piggybacked?

Dave Hopper      |MUYOM!/// Anthro Creep | NeXT Campus Consultant at Stanford
                 | __  ///    .   .      | Smackintosh/UNIX Consultant - AIR
bard@jessica.    | \\\///    Ia! Ia!     | Independent Amiga Developer
   Stanford.EDU  |  \XX/ Shub-Niggurath! | & (Mosh) Pit Fiend from Acheron

darrell@comspec.uucp (Darrell Grainger) (06/06/91)

In article <1991Jun3.221125.24136@leland.Stanford.EDU> bard@jessica.stanford.edu (David Hopper) writes:
>Simple question:  are they compatible?  Can they be piggybacked?

 I cannot be sure the two would physically fit but they plug in at different
points on the motherboard. The MegaMidget plugs into the CPU socket and the
FlickerFreeVideo (FFV) plugs into the Denise socket. The Denise socket is
right by the video port and has two large capacitors near it. The FFV fits
around the two capacitors:

       ------------------
       |                |
       |             ---|
       |             |    <---capacitor space
       |             ---|
       |   FFV          |
       |             ---|
       |             |    <---capacitor space

 The bottom of the board does not go any more then 1" from the lower capacitor
so you should be able to judge whether the MegaMidget fits. I have not seen a
MegaMidget so I cannot be sure.

--
Darrell Grainger % Comspec Communications Inc., Toronto, Ontario, Canada
darrell@comspec  % Disclaimer: All opinions expressed are my own.