[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] 2090A SCSI addressing braindamage?

zik@phoenix.pub.uu.oz.au (Michael Saleeba) (06/03/91)

I just got my 300Mb Wren IV drive working with a 2090A controller via SCSI.
All seemed well until I formatted the last partition, when suddenly my first
(OFS) partition started spewing out errors. I theorised that beyond a certain
point on the disk it was munging early tracks, and tried to isolate the first
track where the problem occurred. I soon realised that it seemed to be pretty
close to the track which corresponded to exactly 256Mb on the disk.

My question is: Does the 2090A have a 19 bit limit on its SCSI block addresses,
and if it does; aarrrggghhhh!

Zik

wild@nessie.cs.id.ethz.ch (Markus Wild) (06/06/91)

In article <1991Jun3.162221.20434@phoenix.pub.uu.oz.au> zik@phoenix.pub.uu.oz.au (Michael Saleeba) writes:
>track where the problem occurred. I soon realised that it seemed to be pretty
>close to the track which corresponded to exactly 256Mb on the disk.
>
>My question is: Does the 2090A have a 19 bit limit on its SCSI block addresses,

I rather think that early versions of the FFS had this bug, it's not the
hddisk.device of the 2090. I'm not sure if this problem got fixed in a
1.3 version of FFS, it is fixed under 2.0.

-Markus

--
Markus M. Wild    - mwild@iiic.ethz.ch  |  wild@nessie.cs.id.ethz.ch