[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Amiga driver for HP Paintjet XL want

DAN.BENDIKSEN@f601.n105.z1.FIDONET.ORG (DAN BENDIKSEN) (06/03/91)

 >an amiga but cannot use the printer as she does not have any drivers for it.
 >
 >This really means a lot to her and other HP Paintjet XL users in this
 >country.
 >
 >Thanks is advance,
 >
 >Myron B-)

First, look on the WorkBench 1.3 extras disk. There is a HP_PaintJet driver
located there. Second, if you have ProPage, they have conviently included a
"fixed" version of the HP_PaintJet driver, which will work correctly with
their program. If you have neither of these, then you may write me at:

       Dan Bendiksen
       PO Box 17400
       Salem, OR 97303
       USA

Please remind me of what you are looking for, and please include return
postage. Since I have never mailed internationaly, you might want to include
either a SASE (Self Addressed Stamped Envelope) or drop a bunch of hints
that will get me through any rough parts.
        Dan Bendiksen.

--
DAN BENDIKSEN - via FidoNet node 1:105/14
    UUCP: ...!{uunet, reed}!glacier!busker!601!DAN.BENDIKSEN

ronald@ecl014.UUCP (Ronald van Eijck) (06/07/91)

In article <627.284AE72C@busker.fidonet.org> DAN.BENDIKSEN@f601.n105.z1.FIDONET.ORG (DAN BENDIKSEN) writes:

> >an amiga but cannot use the printer as she does not have any drivers for it.
> >
> >This really means a lot to her and other HP Paintjet XL users in this
> >country.
> >
> >Thanks is advance,
> >
> >Myron B-)
>
>First, look on the WorkBench 1.3 extras disk. There is a HP_PaintJet driver
>located there. Second, if you have ProPage, they have conviently included a
>"fixed" version of the HP_PaintJet driver, which will work correctly with
>their program. If you have neither of these, then you may write me at:
>
>DAN BENDIKSEN - via FidoNet node 1:105/14

How to get a Paintjet XL driver:

- copy your paintjet driver and rename it to paintjetXL
- read this paintjetXL file into filezap or any other fileviewing util.
- get to the first blok position 74 (hex)
- you should find the value 05 (hex) followed by A0 (hex)
- this is the number of pixels the printer can output in the X direction.
- change this value to the correct amount of pixels the XL can use.
- If you don't know what value to use use 08 (hex) and 70(hex)
  this is not the correct number but it will do in most cases.

Hope this helps,

  |  Ronald van Eijck                  {eunet!}hp4nl!cbmnlux!ecl014!ronald  |
  |  We do the impossible at once for a miracle we need a little more time  |