[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] A590 question

cabp10@vaxa.strath.ac.uk (Dan Dare) (03/25/91)

Is it posible to connect another HD through a A590 on a A500 if so what do I
need where do I get it and what type is it, I am looking to connect at least
another 40 Meg on to My computer and would like to keep the A590 as well

thank you

ps. could yopu mail me your answers--
                              / / The Light of the
Dan Dare                      \\  New Dawn Burns Bright
                               /  Even at night.
 AKA  Sean Stratton     | "I came here to chew        | Live life    |Amiga  ///
Cabp10@uk.ac.strath.vaxa| bubblegum and kick ass. and | Taste Death  |   \\\///
on JANET                | i'm all out of bubblegum."  |              |    \XX/
               All misspelling is my brains fault not mine

bn@area88.uucp (Bo Najdrovsky) (03/30/91)

In article <1991Mar25.131656.11165@vaxa.strath.ac.uk> cabp10@vaxa.strath.ac.uk (Dan Dare) writes:
>Is it posible to connect another HD through a A590 on a A500 if so what do I
>need where do I get it and what type is it, I am looking to connect at least
>another 40 Meg on to My computer and would like to keep the A590 as well

Absolutely! I have added a Wren III onto my A590. The only thing you'll need
is the hard drive DB-25 to 50 pin SCSI cable (or 50 pin to 50 pin)
and a power supply. (of course, an external case sure helps also  8-) )

>thank you
you're welcome.

Bo Najdrovsky

bn@occrsh.att.com

heinola@hkkk.fi (Bror Heinola) (06/07/91)

	I'm planning to add an Quantum 40MB SCSI drive to my A590.
	I'm going to remove the original -slow- XT-IDE drive and
	put the new Quantum in its place. Can I use that old drive
	simultaneously with the new Quantum, or is it impossible?
	(Of course I need to make power/data cables for XT-drive
	too...)

	Do I need any special drivers NOT supplied with the A590?

	Do I need to replace ROMs (mine are V4.6) with newer ones,
	and if I must, where can I obtain them?

	Thanks in advance.

--
# Bror Heinola # Programmer # Sibelius-Academy # <heinola@siba.fi> #