[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Sybil

mx8@vax5.cit.cornell.edu (06/07/91)

   I am reading an advertisement on the bottom left corner of page 130 in the
AmigaWorld July 1991 issue.  Utilities Unlimited of Oregon, Inc. is selling a
disk interface which, they claim, will allow AMAX-II to allow the use of Amiga
drives to read and write MAC format.  The interface is called Sybil, and is
listed for $150.  Does anyone know anything about this interface, or has ever
used it?

billc@cryo.rain.com (William J. Coldwell) (06/08/91)

In article <1991Jun6.220522.5314@vax5.cit.cornell.edu> mx8@vax5.cit.cornell.edu writes:

>   I am reading an advertisement on the bottom left corner of page 130 in the
>AmigaWorld July 1991 issue.  Utilities Unlimited of Oregon, Inc. is selling a
>disk interface which, they claim, will allow AMAX-II to allow the use of Amiga
>drives to read and write MAC format.  The interface is called Sybil, and is
>listed for $150.  Does anyone know anything about this interface, or has ever
>used it?

Yes.  I'm writing the mac disk driver for its use under A-MaxII.  It is real,
though the hardware is still being worked on.  It fits under the Paula chip,
and will adjust the speed of the Paula somehow (I ain't no hardware geek ;-).
What I have seen pretty much works with just a few glitches, but then wire-
wraps aren't pretty ;-).

--
  William J. Coldwell       Amiga Attitude Adjuster      Cryogenic Software
  3-D Pro | Anim. Station | CA-650 CD-ROM | CMI PA/MPB | Interact AppleTalk