[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Lucas/Frances and Rejuvinator?

rayz@altair.csustan.edu (R. L. Zarling) (06/07/91)

Does anyone out there have a Lucas/Frances running on an Amiga 1000 with
the Rejuvinator board?  I would *really* like to get the extra chip ram
etc. but am not willing to sacrifice accelerated performance.  So what I
need to know is:

1) Does this combination work together at all?

2) (much less importantly) does it all still fit in the A1000 case?

--Ray Zarling
rayz@csustan.edu

doctorj@en.ecn.purdue.edu (Jeffrey W Davis) (06/07/91)

In article <1991Jun6.224243.10853@csustan.csustan.edu> rayz@altair.csustan.edu (R. L. Zarling) writes:
>Does anyone out there have a Lucas/Frances running on an Amiga 1000 with
>the Rejuvinator board?  I would *really* like to get the extra chip ram
>etc. but am not willing to sacrifice accelerated performance.  So what I
>need to know is:
>
>1) Does this combination work together at all?

Well, put simply... the designer of the Rejuvenator OWNS/USES the Lucas/Frances
pair; or at least he did when designing.  These are of course supported and
this was stated in the Rejuvenator compatibility list from day 1.  It all
started out as a PD project "similar to the lucas project" as stated during
its early development by designer Greg Tibbs.  Even the Amazing Computing
512K hack is fully supported.

>2) (much less importantly) does it all still fit in the A1000 case?

It does all fit inside the A1000 case.  It is basically just a daughter
board replacement with additional connections that plug into one or more
custom chip sockets (eg. Denise) below.  This allows for either the old
Denise or the ECS Denise to be inserted into Rejuvenator (and work 100%).

I will be buying the board myself as soon as I can justify the need (like
when 2.0 is officially released) for the extra CHIP and graphics modes.  Or
as soon as I have the extra $$$.

>--Ray Zarling
>rayz@csustan.edu

* Jeff Davis                * Relax! And get into    ///  *
* doctorj@en.ecn.purdue.edu * the STRESS!!!         ///   *
*                           *                   \\\///030 *
*                           * -Gigahertz!-  Amiga\XX/ 882 *
	    -=[ In Stereo Where Available ]=-

fhwri%CONNCOLL.BITNET@yalevm.ycc.yale.edu (06/08/91)

> Does anyone out there have a Lucas/Frances running on an Amiga 1000 with
> the Rejuvinator board?  I would *really* like to get the extra chip ram
> etc. but am not willing to sacrifice accelerated performance.  So what I
> need to know is:
>
> 1) Does this combination work together at all?
(First of all, I should mention that I have neither the Lucas/Frances nor
the Rejuvenator (yet))
Inasmuch as I first heard of the Rejuvenator from Brad Fowles (it was a file
on the Frances disk), I would say that they probably do work together.
the

> 2) (much less importantly) does it all still fit in the A1000 case?
Brad Fowles used to sell (note that he no longer does mailorder business) a
special large A1000 RF shield. In the absence of that, a good sheetmetal
shop SHOULD be able to make you one for not a whole lot of $$$.

> --Ray Zarling
> rayz@csustan.edu

                                                --Rick Wrigley
                                                fhwri@conncoll.bitnet
~~~WHY are the games I play the most the ones which cost the LEAST???~~~