[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Non-Quantum drives in A3000?

d88-psm@sm.luth.se (Peter Sj|str|m) (05/25/91)

	Me and my friend are soon buying large HD's in the 200-400 MB range
to run UNIX on our A3000's. We are not quite sure what drives to buy.
Primary consideration is price. Therefore we would like to know what
experiences you people have had with non-Quantum drives. What about
Maxtor, Conner, Seagate? Are there any other cheap good drives to buy?

	Question number 2: Where do we buy the cheapest drives in USA? What
stores? Mail-order?
	Please reply by email. If there is interrest, I'll summarize.

		/Peter

                              ---===***===---
Peter Sjostrom	 INTERNET:  d88-psm@sm.luth.se	      PHONE:  +46 920 67653
Aurorum 4:13	     UUCP:  {uunet,mcvax}!sunic.se!sigma.sm.luth.se!d88-psm
S-951 65 Lulea		Everytime a change is made, the world seems to fall
Sweden			apart ... like when my world fell apart - Alf
			      ---===***===---

rick@tmi.com (06/10/91)

In article <9105251604.AAtau20040@tau.sm.luth.se>, d88-psm@sm.luth.se (Peter Sj|str|m) writes:
> 	Me and my friend are soon buying large HD's in the 200-400 MB range
> to run UNIX on our A3000's. We are not quite sure what drives to buy.
> Primary consideration is price. Therefore we would like to know what
> experiences you people have had with non-Quantum drives. What about
> Maxtor, Conner, Seagate? Are there any other cheap good drives to buy?

I'm using a Conner CP3200 in my 3000.  No problems.  Works just fine.

> 	Question number 2: Where do we buy the cheapest drives in USA? What
> stores? Mail-order?

Gee, when you find out, let me know, will ya?  My supplier only deals with me
because I tossed some gigabuck business his way.  (well, only maybe it was
only about 60 kilobucks).
--
|[- O] Rick Stevens                                                        |