[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Looking for Xspecs-3D and programming info

chymes@uri.csmil.umich.edu (Charles Hymes) (06/11/91)

Does X-Specs 3d exist as a product, and/or does Haitex Resources Inc.
exist as a company? I want to build a Virtual reality instalation. I
would be willing to buy a set of X-Specs used IF they came with
sufficient info on programming them.
On second thought,, if you have a set, and are willing to sell them, I
could negotiate with you regardless of any docs you might have.
And, if you have no glasses, but have programming docs, I would love
to work something out with you.

Charles Hymes
chymes@csmil.umich.edu

rsbx@cbmvax.commodore.com (Raymond S. Brand) (06/11/91)

In article <YM=-8-G@engin.umich.edu>, chymes@uri.csmil.umich.edu (Charles Hymes) writes:

> Does X-Specs 3d exist as a product, and/or does Haitex Resources Inc.
> exist as a company? I want to build a Virtual reality instalation. I
> would be willing to buy a set of X-Specs used IF they came with
> sufficient info on programming them.

No they don't, but here's what you need to know.

The shutters (lenses) are controlled by the transition of the control line. A
low-to-high will close (darken) one side and open the other; a high-to-low will
close the other side. If no transition occures for a long period of time both
shutters open.

The control line is usually the "fire button" line of the second joystick port.

The glasses do not work well with long-persistence[sp?] monitors, Flicker
Fixers, or Commodore Display Enhancers.

> On second thought,, if you have a set, and are willing to sell them, I
> could negotiate with you regardless of any docs you might have.
> And, if you have no glasses, but have programming docs, I would love
> to work something out with you.
>
> Charles Hymes
> chymes@csmil.umich.edu

						rsbx

  Raymond S. Brand			rsbx@cbmvax.commodore.com
  Commodore-Amiga Engineering		...!uunet!cbmvax!rsbx
  1200 Wilson Drive			(215)-431-9100
  West Chester PA 19380			"Looking"
	What if Commodore held a DevCon and nobody showed up?