[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] 2088T BridgeCard ?????

merlin@presto.UUCP (Jeff W. Hyche) (06/11/91)

	Can anyone tell me what happened to Commodore's 2088T
BridgeCard?  I got a couple of post on it and a whole text file.  The
text files said it was testing in Germany.  Did it ever get to the
states and how much does it cost?  Will it work in a A3000? and I'll
shut up now:)
--
                                // Jeff Hyche
  There can be only one!    \\ //  Usenet: hychejw@infonode.ingr.com

burkert1@platon.fmi.uni-passau.de (Klaus Burkert) (06/12/91)

In article <merlin.0646@presto.UUCP> merlin@presto.UUCP (Jeff W. Hyche) writes:

>	Can anyone tell me what happened to Commodore's 2088T
>BridgeCard?  I got a couple of post on it and a whole text file.  The
>text files said it was testing in Germany.  Did it ever get to the
>states and how much does it cost?  Will it work in a A3000? and I'll
>shut up now:)
>--

Yes, it was tested in one issue of the German AMIGA Magazin
published by Markt & Technik Verlag, D-W-8013 Haar b. Muenchen.
But as far as I know, it has never made it's way to the market, especially
not in Germany.
Sure the promised Disk-Drive-Multiplexing-Mechanism is fine, but the
other features (Speed, RAM) can be hacked to a stock A2088 too.

Noooo, please don't ask me for the details, this is the same situation as with
the A2286 speedup and 2Meg ChipRAM hack.
Please read my posting about "Requested Hardware Hacks" some days ago!

Klaus.

>                                // Jeff Hyche
>  There can be only one!    \\ //  Usenet: hychejw@infonode.ingr.com
>                             \X/   UUCP: ...!uunet!sci34hub!presto!merlin

Klaus Burkert        email: burkert1@platon.fmi.uni-passau.de
Brandweg 11          voice: +49-851/83993
D-W-8390 Passau   /  Federal Republic of Germany