[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Requested Hardware-hacks

burkert1@platon.fmi.uni-passau.de (Klaus Burkert) (06/10/91)

Some people asked me by mail how to boost their AT-BBs.
Well, it's a very simple hack to the BB itself (no AddOn-cards),
but I'm sorry, at the moment I'm _not_ permitted to post this hack, because
I offered it to a German Amiga-Magazine and the editor's decision
whether  to publish or not is still in progress.
All I can do at this time is to notify the net when the article has been
published.
If it would be rejected, I will think over posting it to the net.

The same applies to the 2MB-ChipRAM-hack, the only difference is that
this is still being written and still there are a few things left to be fixed.

Sorry, Klaus

PS: DAVID CULBERSON, my mail bounced twice,
    please check your Reply-Address and read the above!

Klaus Burkert        email: burkert1@platon.fmi.uni-passau.de
Brandweg 11          voice: +49-851/83993
D-W-8390 Passau   /  Federal Republic of Germany

terry@helios.ucsc.edu (Terry Ricketts) (06/10/91)

In article <1991Jun9.212349.2706@forwiss.uni-passau.de> burkert1@platon.fmi.uni-passau.de (Klaus Burkert) writes:

>Some people asked me by mail how to boost their AT-BBs.
>Well, it's a very simple hack to the BB itself (no AddOn-cards),
>but I'm sorry, at the moment I'm _not_ permitted to post this hack, because
>I offered it to a German Amiga-Magazine and the editor's decision
>whether  to publish or not is still in progress.
>All I can do at this time is to notify the net when the article has been
>published.

    Is there any posibility that it might be published in the US in one of the
publications there as well. We don't get to see the German magazines. It would
be a shame to limit this kind of information to Germany only. Perhaps the
German magazine could have a cooperative agreement with one of the US ones to
share articles like this where they are not in competition with each other.

						Terry

| Terry Ricketts			|  Internet: terry@helios.ucsc.edu
| Senior Electronics Engineer		|  	     loel@helios.ucsc.edu
| Lick Observatory Electronics Lab	|  Phone:    408-459-2110
| University of Calif, Santa Cruz 	|

burkert1@platon.fmi.uni-passau.de (Klaus Burkert) (06/12/91)

In article <16885@darkstar.ucsc.edu> terry@helios.ucsc.edu (Terry Ricketts) writes:
>In article <1991Jun9.212349.2706@forwiss.uni-passau.de> burkert1@platon.fmi.uni-passau.de (Klaus Burkert) writes:
>
>>Some people asked me by mail how to boost their AT-BBs.
>>Well, it's a very simple hack to the BB itself (no AddOn-cards),
>>but I'm sorry, at the moment I'm _not_ permitted to post this hack, because
>>I offered it to a German Amiga-Magazine and the editor's decision
>>whether  to publish or not is still in progress.
>>All I can do at this time is to notify the net when the article has been
>>published.
>

>    Is there any posibility that it might be published in the US in one of the
>publications there as well. We don't get to see the German magazines. It would
>be a shame to limit this kind of information to Germany only. Perhaps the
>German magazine could have a cooperative agreement with one of the US ones to
>share articles like this where they are not in competition with each other.

Sorry, I don't know by sure if any and which German magazines has such a
cooperative agreement, or if any of them has an US distributer.

The main problem is legal and financial one:
You cannot offer an article to a magazine for publishing and expect hopefully
to be paid for, and post the same stuff publicly on the net at the same time!

So, all I can say at the moment is:
refer to my original posting partly included above and then wait and see...

Klaus.